I’ve got mice problems! need help

Tankt

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2019
Kentucky
The battery ones don’t seem to do much. The one that hooks to the car battery has so far, but I do have 3 on my truck, 2 on my car, and one on my lawnmower and utv.
Mine is plugged in to an outlet in my barn on my worktable. Saw 2 mice within 12" of it the very next day I plugged it in

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
I had $7000 worth of damage to my truck this spring from mice. My wife found some ultra sonic devices that hook directly to the car battery. I put them on everything with a wiring harness. So far they seem to be working, but I have a total of 17 of them all over my garage and vehicles.

Could you send me a link to the ones you purchased that hook to the car battery? I was debating getting those instead of the AC plug type but most dc ones I saw had flashy lights also and I just figured it might be too draining on the battery for things not started weeks at a time.

I’m probably going to return those AC plug type And put the money towards the mouse slide or these DC ones, nobody seems to give a very good review on the ac units

bumhunter

6 pointer
Sep 28, 2016
Boyd county, ky
Could you send me a link to the ones you purchased that hook to the car battery? I was debating getting those instead of the AC plug type but most dc ones I saw had flashy lights also and I just figured it might be too draining on the battery for things not started weeks at a time.

I’m probably going to return those AC plug type And put the money towards the mouse slide or these DC ones, nobody seems to give a very good review on the ac units

Attachments

• D94BC984-E7A8-4A6E-AF50-6CE96382B0E6.png
    D94BC984-E7A8-4A6E-AF50-6CE96382B0E6.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 24

timer

12 pointer
Feb 20, 2013
La Grange
I've been lucky in that I haven't had any damage to vehicles or tractors, but my goose neck trailers have to be rewired just about every year.

I really like the idea of the bucket traps for the barns where I keep the trailers.

One thought about using anti-freeze....That stuff is deadly to animals. I'd keep that in mind when disposing of the dead mice.

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
I've been lucky in that I haven't had any damage to vehicles or tractors, but my goose neck trailers have to be rewired just about every year.

I really like the idea of the bucket traps for the barns where I keep the trailers.

One thought about using anti-freeze....That stuff is deadly to animals. I'd keep that in mind when disposing of the dead mice.
Good thought. I can get rid of the mice and my wife’s dogs at the same time!! I kid. I kid. Salt and oil sound liken the winner.

Drahts

12 pointer
Apr 7, 2015
KY
Old neighbor lady ,that lived beside us growing up ,use to keep several cats ,she always said if you want a cat to be a good mouser ,feed it dog food ,not cat food .Toyota vehicles are bad for attracting mice ,it cost me fourty bucks one time ,to get mouse food out of the blower motor in a Corolla.I try to put a sceen over any vent or duct work opening‘s if I can.
if you want it to be a good mouser, don't feed em but once a week. Otherwise they don't want to hunt. Keep em hungry they will kill em all!

if you want it to be a good mouser, don't feed em but once a week. Otherwise they don't want to hunt. Keep em hungry they will kill em all!
I take the opposite approach with excellent results. A well-fed cat is like a well fed deer hunter, they can go all day long. I feed mine all they want of a good cat food, they never roam far and they hunt all day long. It works for me.

Luther's Feist

10 pointer
Oct 25, 2014
Coeburn, Va

Wouldn't putting out poison do the exact same thing?