Hurt back.

uplandchessies

10 pointer
Mar 20, 2002
Florence, Ky, USA.
A couple months ago I pulled a muscle in my back. Nothing terrible just a slight nagging pain that would come and go. Seems I've aggravated it even more after the quail opener this past Saturday lifting Sage in and out of truck. Other than work, I've basically been bedridden since Saturday laying on a heatpad. This is the worst time of the season for this to happen.

trust me

Troubled Loner
Nov 27, 2004
Jerkwater, KY
Those dogs can get themselves in and out of the truck. Either that, or get yourself a little Brittany, easier on the back.:D

Take care and don't push it. If you rush back out there, you might be down a whole lot longer.

RutNBuck

12 pointer
Dec 10, 2001
Northern Ky
upland get that lil lady of yours to massage those areas that ache that outta put ya back in the field in no time THEN again knowing that we arent spring chickens anymore ...you could take up BINGO lol

uplandchessies

10 pointer
Mar 20, 2002
Florence, Ky, USA.
Those dogs can get themselves in and out of the truck. Either that, or get yourself a little Brittany, easier on the back.:D

Take care and don't push it. If you rush back out there, you might be down a whole lot longer.

Yeah, lifting the rear-end of a 115 lb behemoth is rough on an injured back. But, if he exits or enters truck and breaks/tears something then hunting season would be finished. Small price to pay. I just should have been more conscience since I was already sore.

A Brit (small setter, etc) would be easier on the back and not out of the question down the road.

uplandchessies

10 pointer
Mar 20, 2002
Florence, Ky, USA.
upland get that lil lady of yours to massage those areas that ache that outta put ya back in the field in no time THEN again knowing that we arent spring chickens anymore ...you could take up BINGO lol

Bingo? I still feel like I'm 20. Besides, nothing will keep me from bird hunting even if I have to use a walker or wheelchair. :)

crestliner200

6 pointer
Sep 5, 2008
A Hunter Hunter.
It's not my age, rather my youthful exuberance that aggravated this. I always have to be in a hurry to hit the field. :)

I'm hoping to be out by Saturday.
Just be easy and don't be in such a hurry. Age has its limitations and i'm finding them out the hard way. Not a spring chicken any more. Be careful out there and good luck this weekend.

vabirddog

6 pointer
Mar 24, 2007
Man, get yourself a little ramp and let that hound load himself. One of the first things I try to teach is to load up. Setters though. Good luck w/ the back.

Mar 10, 2008
Mt. Washington
bird hunting chiropractor

upland - get up and walk. then use ice. Staying in bed all day just prolongs the problem. If it doesn't get better, drive to Louisville and I'll fix you up for the weekend. But you better hurry - I'm leaving for Kansas Friday evening! :)

Latest posts