Hunting on a private cemetery

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Pollcat, Dec 11, 2019.

1. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    In my will and testament, I am going to say that any hunter who shoots a booner above my earthly remains, 100% has my permission to do so.

Nock, Southpaw, 1wildcatfan and 3 others like this.
  2. nat103

nat103 Spike

Jan 30, 2019
    Kentucky
    Can I have permission to shoot the little ones?

3. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 10 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County

I Never said it wasnt private property...but its not HIS private property, or at least i didnt read it that way. And it doesnt seem as it belongs to the owner of the property he is hunting, or he would know who owned it.

4. Well I speak, read and write English satisfactorily and it didn’t make much sense to me. Not trying to be an ass just being honest.

hunt, 1wildcatfan and CRFmxracer like this.
  5. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 10 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    Hell, I may request that a stand be hung in the nearest good shooting tree over mine.

EdLongshanks, drakeshooter and barney like this.
  6. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    You may benefit, via also asking your wife to have such engraved upon your tombstone, but where she buries may very well take legal precedence.
    He made that quite clear. Such does not prevent him from taking further action, in an attempt to civilly resolve the situation.

7. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 10 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    Never said he didnt have the right to try and do something about it. Posting an exclusive scoop in the local paper, damn sure aint civil in my opinion. If the hunter is there illegally, then yes he should be stopped. But, i dont believe someone who is NOT the property owner can do anything about trespassing, unless they have that permission from owner.
    But, im just a ol east ky hillbilly and dont know much.
    I do know though, that sometimes its better to keep your nose out of others affairs.

JR in KY and nat103 like this.
  8. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    But you seem to not be paying attention to the big fact that those others can no longer speak for themselves. Such is the reason that I suggested the individual contact VSO.

9. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 10 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    You serious clark???

The ol folks in the ground dont own the land. Maybe they did at one point, idk. But someone owns the land, and that is who has to stop it.

I would about bet you, ol eustace comes crawling out, while he is in the stand and tells the feller to leave, he will leave, brown britches and all.

10. nat103

nat103 Spike

Jan 30, 2019
    Kentucky
    Ol eustace is probably getting a kick out of all of this. Most entertainment he’s had in a hundred years

11. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    First, research posthumous rights; they can become complicated. Second, research the living descendent's rights; they can also become a bit tricky. The previously mentioned VSO may prove beneficial with guidance regarding such matters.

12. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I try not to ever disrespect the dead, I would never hunt on a cemetery, we would get slapped if we even stepped on a grave growing up. With that said ,if I was worried as much as it seems,about this guy hunting there,I would show this old graveyard the same concern, and respect ,by at least cleaning it up.

13. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 10 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    I'll get right on that.

drakeshooter and HuntressOfLight like this.
  14. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    I want 2-3 bags of corn spread over me .....and put on my headstone, "this ain't huntn".

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    hunt, kyhunter99, Southpaw and 5 others like this.
  15. Campfire

Campfire 6 pointer

Oct 24, 2019
    Camp
    Maybe you guys are actually on to something here. How bout a Cemetery just for past deer hunters. I can’t think of a better bunch of people I’d like for my body be laid to rest next to. It could also serve as a park/training area for youth hunters. All graves have to be sewn in food plots. I’d like some Whitetail clover and chicory on mine. But in reference to this thread what I don’t like about what that guy sounds like he is doin is taking advantage of that Cemetery For his own personal use. I don’t have all the details but that sounds wrong.