Hunting Lease nightmare

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by JoeBob, Nov 8, 2021.

1. JoeBob

JoeBob Fawn

Oct 25, 2020
    Nicholasville
    He is also undated the definition of exclusivity to include anyone who is his family, he said they are going to hunt and area where I have place 1000 lbs of corn and 50 lbs of molasses, I am adding a gallon of unleaded to that mix before Friday and removing a tree stand. So F’d up.

Junglekat likes this.
  2. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Still in the kitchen Ky
    That sucks but hunt it anyway. You already paid the money for it, and when rut hits those deer lose all common sense anyway you could dang near do donuts in the middle of a field with a 4 wheeler and still kill one 10 minutes after.

I wouldn't renew though.

aaronc and raidergson like this.
  3. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    You've gone from them riding ATVs and target shooting to them hunting ???????

CRFmxracer likes this.
  4. raidergson

raidergson 10 pointer

Dec 10, 2010
    Garrard County
    Well, the guess “ the give it a chance “ thing is off the table. Sub lease it out to coon hunters dollar each. There’s a plenty on here. They can have at it all night long with plenty of sippin and shoot’in. Lots of them hates each other’s around those parts anyways since someone always tries to screw someone else, figuratively and literally, so plenty locals will sub lease to piss the guy off…. So what’s the name of this piece of art?

EdLongshanks likes this.
  5. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Did you do something to piss this guy off at all? If not i know what id do.

6. kyhunter110

kyhunter110 8 pointer

Apr 6, 2006
    Lexington
    Curious on the name as well. Pretty familiar with the area. Tough row to hoe over that way if you’re not a local.

7. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I am sympathetic and it royally sucks this guy is a flake…..but $10/acre. He’s obviously not honoring his end of the bargain…Just saying.

8. Jerod

Jerod 10 pointer

Oct 30, 2008
    KY
    I have a handful of these stories sadly. Always the week before gun season is when the rubes come out of their sheds. I can’t tell if you’re saying they’re now hunting there also or what. Sounds like a cluster that so many people go through. You can bet he will be running down deer hunters with his breakfast club as well. It always comes back around though.

9. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    Sorry to learn this happened to you. This is one and the main reason my Brother and I bought our own land to hunt on.

10. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    Did you pay cash or check ?
    If you paid cash and he is pissed , he may call the game warden and have you carted off to jail.

Tankt likes this.
  11. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    I would invite some of my friends to come hunt the late season. Kill all legal deer

Tankt likes this.
  12. Himmels

Himmels Fawn

Oct 23, 2016
    Contracts typically allow them to continue day to day operations of the farm explicitly…if you went through a lease company give them hell and they will fix it…if not I agree with others that not much you can do

13. JoeBob

JoeBob Fawn

Oct 25, 2020
    Nicholasville
    I paid by check- not my first rodeo, maybe third

14. JoeBob

JoeBob Fawn

Oct 25, 2020
    Nicholasville
    Yes - now he says they might hunt

15. JoeBob

JoeBob Fawn

Oct 25, 2020
    Nicholasville
    I will provide the rubes name after I am done, it’s borderline deliverance out there (people get shot) - don’t need anymore gas on this fire before rifle season- going to hunt it hard until fun season is over. I think I can at least put some doe meat in the freezer.