Hunting in Taylor Mill

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Rick in NKY, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Rick in NKY

Rick in NKY Fawn

Nov 1, 2016
    I'm new to the area in NKY. I m originally from Ohio and am trying to find places to hunt near my home. I know that there are WMA in Crittenden and in Boone, however I was wondering if anyone knew the regulations surrounding hunting in or around the Taylor Mill area. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. Strut 'N' Buck

Strut 'N' Buck 8 pointer

Apr 16, 2011
    Shepherdsville, KY
    Google can be your best friend. These days, people put everything on the internet. But on here, guys seem to be tight lipped on these subjects. Good luck and stay safe

3. slyfly76

slyfly76 6 pointer

Mar 12, 2011
    You can not hunt in Taylor mill legally, you can hunt in rural independence but you can't discharge a firearm or bow in taylormill . With that said there are some large areas of woods in Taylor mill and some definite big bucks in that area but don't get caught.

4. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    I'd go and check about not discharging a bow with the TM police. I'd also check that the spot you want to hunt is actually within the city limits and subject to any such law. I've found in most of NKY, the small cities annexed a lot of chopped up and not necessarily contiguous land.

5. Gioacchino

Gioacchino 6 pointer

Jan 20, 2016
    Kentucky
    Contact a Fish & Game officer, or Taylor Mill police. A buddy of mine got permission to bow hunt in Ft. Thomas, but he had to be very careful. Season dates were weird.

6. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Ft Thomas allows bow hunting with several regulations, As does ft wright.

I'd check with the department of fish and wildlife or the city's administration. I know of another area city that does not allow bow hunting, but the police department gave the go ahead. I'd be leery and would want the actual law on my side...even with the police departments blessing.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  7. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
  8. Rick in NKY

Rick in NKY Fawn

Nov 1, 2016
    Thanks guys for all the information! I am moving to rural Independence at the start of the year from Taylor Mill so all this is great help!