Hunting boots

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by woodsman92, Oct 18, 2021.

1. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

If you have ankle problems you need to stay away from mucks. Get something with some support. Do you have ankle braces?
    I have 3 or 4 pairs of really good insoles. They are worth every penny.

2. BubEastKY

BubEastKY 8 pointer

Sep 16, 2016
    No just a insulated hunting boot

3. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 10 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    Meindl 800 grams for colder weather. Love them, never even considered any type of rubber boot.

4. Brody

Brody 10 pointer

Apr 7, 2019
    No place like home
    On my second pair of Irish Setter snake boots, they are hard on ankles till broken in. Wore the first pair out,very comfortable when broken in it just takes awhile. Redwing boots for me good quality.

5. Trapper Delk

Trapper Delk 12 pointer

Feb 10, 2020
    Central Kentucky.
    Carolina loggers, 5 fast hitch loops,. Got a bad ankle my self. They are 2½ years old and still good as new .... That being said my complaint is they are heavy

6. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    Never was a muck fan. Didn’t fit right. I wear danners. Mine are 4 years old.
    When it’s really cold I wear Rocky’s I got with 1000 gram thinsulate

7. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

Out of habit, and being half asleep, Sunday I put on my work boots and headed out the door to go for a sit. I was half way to the stand when I realized I had on my steel toe work boots. I walked the center of the field in an attempt to keep the scent as far from the treelines to the east and west as possible. Two hours later, I had 3 big nannies laying on the ground waiting for a ride to the truck. Two of those old does and their youngins started across the field some 225 yards away. Once they cut my track, I was positive the gig was over. Nope. One of them followed my track to 40 yards from the stand. The other does followed along. She was promptly dispatched. The others had a chance to run but decided to stick around and figure out what happened to the elder doe. I was able to reload and send another round down range. Two down in less than 2 minutes. About 40 minutes later, another doe came from the opposite side of the field and stopped dead in her tracks when she cut my trail. She should have kept walking.
    In years past, I wore Muck boots if I went hunting, checked cams or scouting. I've busted my rear end more times than I can count while stumbling around the deer woods courtesy of Muck boots. I finally bought a few pairs of Danner boots and I haven't looked back, except Sunday's work boot excursion. On the flip side, I've had deer cut my trail when I wore Muck boots. The lesson learned is that deer are unpredictable. What is acceptable to one deer is completely unacceptable to the next.

8. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

You can see my tracks through the field in the grass. Heavy dew let to some soaked boots by the time I'd arrived on stand. 8817DF61-7252-46B4-BD94-7A9A0B5DD2FE.jpeg
    8D68D425-7E80-40FB-93C4-CF7D7DE0A895.jpeg

Feedman likes this.
  9. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    I wear high top pull-on rubber boots, when hunting, mainly to keep dry. At the end of the hunt they are easy to wash off, also wear wool socks over cotton socks to keep warm.

10. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Cotton is the worse thing to wear when trying to be warm and/or dry. Try some wicking material under the wool.....and your feet will sweat in rubber boots and not evapoate.

hunt likes this.
  11. bobkg3

bobkg3 Spike

Nov 2, 2014
    I have a 1200 gram pair of lacrosse that work well but are kinda heavy
    Two years ago I also bought a pair of their hunting style boot with 800 grams they were kinda high but they do well also

I wore rocky boots for years but they just can’t handle these mountains they never lasted long till bottoms came loose

12. Stone Branch

Stone Branch 8 pointer

Jun 27, 2019
    Lewis county, KY
    I just got me a new pair of Kennetreks. I'm dense and heavy with bunion toes and blow out normal boots in about three months time. I don't blow these out and can get a year out of the foot bed. I wore rubbers hunting for a long time. I had a coyote using my foot path two days ago and he didn't smell me.

DSC02915 (1200 x 800).jpg

G

13. AdamC

AdamC Fawn

Oct 14, 2021
    Kentucky
    $15 water boots from tractor supply made by Honeywell.

14. HeadedWest

HeadedWest 10 pointer

Nov 22, 2016
    Lowas, Asolo, Danners for boots and Muck/Lacrosse for rubber/neoprene.

Whatever fits your feet and doesn’t break the bank will work well.

beauhunter41031 likes this.
  15. preachnhunt

preachnhunt 6 pointer

Jan 8, 2009
    Garrard