Hunter orange and hunting blinds

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by bigbonner, Nov 1, 2019.

1. bigbonner

bigbonner 10 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    What is the legal requirement for having hunter orange on a hunting blind ?
    How do you flag your hunt blind with orange while you are inside?

Thomas Roberts likes this.
  2. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

You don't unless you just want to but better have that orange vest and hat on if the CO come knocking on the door. I have seen a section of blaze orange fabric put on top that came down a few inches over the sides with safety pin's if your worried

3. rlb165

rlb165 10 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    According to this video, orange on a blind is only required if you’re hunting in a blind on public land. It’s at the 1 minute mark.

bigbonner likes this.
  4. squirrel ninja

squirrel ninja Fawn

Oct 12, 2014
    20191101_152523.jpg It says to put a blaze orange hat or vest on top of the blind that can be seen from all sides of the blind on a wma or park quota hunt that allow gun hunting. Im thinking about getting something like this to make sure im seen in the blind

Tufrthnails and Thomas Roberts like this.
  5. Tufrthnails

Tufrthnails 10 pointer

Oct 27, 2014
    Lakeland, FL
    That’s pretty slick. I might have to pick one up I don’t do a bunch of blind hunting but when I do I bring a spare vest that attatch it to the loop at the top of my blind

squirrel ninja likes this.
  6. bigbonner

bigbonner 10 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    I worry about some idiot with a gun that shoots at anything that moves , like wind may blow the side a little and then bang or some idiot that see's a blind thinking it is empty and wants to do some destruction.
    There is not supposed to be trespassers on my farm but still need to be cautious.

7. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    I would safety pin an old blaze orange hat or vest to every vulnerable side. Knox requires a certain amount on every side. Not a bad practice in dangerous territory.

8. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    I always hang my vest in the most obvious spot so a person can see it form the most vantage points. I just don't trust folks I don't know and I assume they might wonder onto our private woods. I got shot towards once and it wasn't fun.