Hunter Harrasment-nutty neighbor

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Hoosier Sasquatch, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Hoosier Sasquatch

Hoosier Sasquatch 6 pointer

Sep 11, 2017
    Madison, Indiana
    One of my hunting properties has a crazy neighbor. He got mad at the landowner when he was denied access. ( he is a poacher, who recently lost his hunting rights for a year). His M.O. Is to shoot at dawn and dusk on opening days, or whenever he sees that someone is hunting. This includes youth season. We knew he would act up this year, but went anyway, to honor the landowner's efforts on our behalf. Happily, John had managed to take a doe the day before on another property.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  2. kyduck1

kyduck1 6 pointer

Apr 9, 2012
    As bad as it seems it's part of the deal with bad neighbors man. Freedoms are freedoms and unfortunately disrupting hunting on the neighbors by doing stuff on your own land is 100 percent legal.

3. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

So what's the point of a video that basically says the same thing as your post?

4. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    We had a neighbor do the same exact things. He’s not around this year though.

Scruff likes this.
  5. Hoosier Sasquatch

Sep 11, 2017
    Madison, Indiana
    Sorry, I guess I gave too much away? I just didn't want people to misunderstand. Sometimes it helps to see it. Didn't mean any harm.

6. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    I know it's annoying, but the deer really won't care. But if you were really concerned, since this is Indiana, you could always try to red flag him for shooting while drinking.

A few years ago, we went out into the woods for deer season and about 8am, they started shoveling rocks from the creek across the road with backhoes, dumping it into dump trucks, and then the dump trucks backed up into the holler on the property we're hunting on, and dumped their loads. Come to find out that the landowner, who happened to be my buddy's (who was hunting with me at the time) dad, had given the county permission to dredge out the creek and dump the rocks on his property. After we met back at the truck, my buddy tells me that he knew they were going to do that, but he didn't think they'd start on a Saturday. They did it that whole day and next Saturday too. But I didn't see that it affected the number of gunshots I heard in the holler that year. And I still shot a nice buck that year.

7. Hoosier Sasquatch

Sep 11, 2017
    Madison, Indiana

8. Hoosier Sasquatch

Sep 11, 2017
    Madison, Indiana
    I don't think it has all the effect he wants, either, although we witnessed deer in front of us scattering last year. ( the shots are quite close, unfortunately he borders some of the best spots ). Amazing that someone would do this.

9. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Underground Bunker in KY
    My wife had trouble like this. A house full of meth heads lived across the road from her stand, about 500 yds away. After she got to her stand they would holler and blow car horns. They would turn their 2 mutt dogs loose and they would head to her stand and bark. These dogs also ran deer. I went with her a couple of times and those dogs mysteriously disappeared , (silently) :D. Someone also vaporized their large cat from 300 yds. with a sniper rifle. o_O They stopped making the noise. She hasn't had any problems since. ;)

10. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    Where's the body Ed?

cedar ridge and Thomas Roberts like this.
  11. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    He actually did pass away....from health issues. The guy hated us because we didn’t let him hunt the farm that we bought to hunt on. He hunted there for 30 years and couldn’t believe we had the audacity to buy the property with our hard earned money and ask him to find somewhere else to go.

kyhunter99 and Thomas Roberts like this.
  12. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    You're correct, but if I were hunting that land, the guy would be sorry for his shenanigans.....

Carl likes this.
  13. Bowonly86

Bowonly86 6 pointer

Apr 16, 2019
    Pendleton county
    Pretty simple hunt some where else or don’t go at all seems like it’s between him and the owner of the land you are hunting on you are not going to have much fun hunting that property anyway you will be expecting it every time you go sounds like you are hunting pretty close to his house

14. T-wil69

T-wil69 10 pointer

Jan 16, 2015
    I thought it was illegal to interfear with the legal taking of game no matter what property you are on, chapter 150.710 hunter harassment law, a little video evidence to cover your side and the problem should be taken care of

Thomas Roberts likes this.
  15. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I sure as hell wouldn't just leave and let the asshole win.... I'd make him miserable as hell....

Winchester94, Jarhead and Carl like this.