Hunt with the professor tonight

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bgkyarcher, Oct 17, 2019.

1. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 10 pointer

Maybe he has figured you out---figured out you ain't going to shoot him! Baha

2. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 10 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    Rural King has it on sale for 109.00

3. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 10 pointer

Good on you taking the boy to task.

4. elkaholic

elkaholic 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2012
    Pendleton County
    There is no such thing with a 1 buck per season bag limit.

ojibwa62 likes this.
  5. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 10 pointer

I'll manage that buck for you

6. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 10 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    Ageee 100%. I learned on my own, with a little guidance here and there. If someone had got in my hindend about the way i was hunting when i first started, i would have hated it. Hunting is for enjoyment. This isnt a job or a career. Guide the kid along, giving advice when needed. Jumping on him over common rookie mistakes will only deter his enthusiasm. Good luck to both of ya, and i hope the young man kills something that makes HIM proud.

7. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I'm not jumping on him, I'm tactfully pointing out small details that he would never think of. As far as what he shoots, I told him to shoot anything he wants, as long as it doesn't have spots, or is a doe with a spotted fawn.......

invasion36 likes this.
  8. invasion36

invasion36 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2013
    Kenton Co
    Wife said same thing after she took her first deer saturday. She said she now understands what I mean when I say how smart these animals are.

jblack1 and rlb165 like this.
  9. Bubbles

Bubbles 10 pointer

Oct 25, 2016
    You have tactfully pointed out details to me as well. But I hunt to have fun. I dont care about the wind, barometric pressure, moon, etc. I go in as scent free as possible, enjoy my time in the woods, and fill the freezer. That's enough for me.

10. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

You tell him.

11. Bubbles

Bubbles 10 pointer

Oct 25, 2016
    I did lol.

He pays attention to the same details when fishing as well. I study data all week long. On my time off that's the last damn thing I want to do.

1wildcatfan likes this.
  12. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    You need to study more. You can only count to TWENTY-THREE. LOL

13. Bubbles

Bubbles 10 pointer

Oct 25, 2016
    Ha

Ha

Ha

Will haunt me to the end of my days

14. bstickin1

bstickin1 6 pointer

Jul 1, 2005
    Rocky Hill, Kentucky
    Too bad Mr. P wasn't in that stand, would be an awesome 1st bow kill. I hope he's plum swallowed the hook and enjoys the hunt for as long as he's able to.

1wildcatfan and Bubbles like this.
  15. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    Well my take on this so take it for what it’s worth. Talking bout kids and getting on to them.
    It’s a wonder I even hunt to this day then going by what some people have said. My dad stayed on me all time hunting. I’m not gonna go In to detail but yea I either did it right or I got a swift kick in ass or a talking to. Lol. I look back on it. I NEEDED IT.
    If anybody was gonna quit hunting I feel certain it would be me. Lol.
    i love it still. My dad taught me well I think. Too many kids and parents nowadays are pansy asses. So to speak.
    I hear it all time from my wife or other people. There just kids make it fun and what not. Well I kinda agree but I’m still kinda hard core on it. Prolly not as much as I should be or as my dad was. Yea we live in diff time now. But if kids gonna hunt then they gonna act right. They gonna act like they care and listen. I’m not talking bout the scent control aspect of it. I’m talking if they gonna Hunt then practice shooting, show me you can shoot, know when to move in stand and get up early in mornings or whatever. Do what it takes. Y’all get my drift. Lol.
    Good luck bg and professer. Your doing good in my book.

let me clarify here. It’s alright when they younguns like 6,7,8,9 or whatever years old to make it fun and stuff. But when they get on up there in early teens and stuff then it gets real. And I’m prolly to hard on that age group. Lol. Start on them hard. Lol. Just try to teach them. I don’t call it getting on to them. That’s where the pansy ass comment came in to play. just my opinion. Everybody not gonna agree. And that’s fine to.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019