Huge Pike Co. Buck

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by hotdog, Nov 16, 2013.

1. KICKER10

KICKER10 8 pointer

Jul 9, 2009
    BIG BLUE NATION
  2. hotdog

hotdog 8 pointer

Nov 23, 2005
    Pike Co.,Ky
    Why would you even put the area????
    I posted this pic just to show people what kind of bucks Eastern Ky has,but it will be the last pic I post....I will just say there are several in B&C bucks killed every year in Pike Co. that are never scored just so people won't find out the area!!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  3. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    Why????? I don't get it.

4. bowcrazy3

bowcrazy3 10 pointer

Aug 21, 2009
    PM sent......

5. CedarBuck

CedarBuck 6 pointer

Nov 24, 2009
    Central KY
    Check out that left Brow tine, Wow!

6. bowcrazy3

bowcrazy3 10 pointer

Aug 21, 2009
    PM sent......

7. Split_Ear

Split_Ear 6 pointer

Sep 18, 2006
    So. Central Kentucky
    Are you freaking kidding?? Last week you started a thread inquiring about a 200" buck and told the name of the road it was supposedly shot on! And you're telling him to grow up? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

8. kywallace69

kywallace69 12 pointer

Aug 18, 2008
    Zone 1
    You can kill a B&C buck anywhere in pike county. I see over 30 every year that scores 160+
    i was just talking about the area in general. Every holler in pike county during gun season is full of people. So doesn't take long for the booners to be killed. I know B&C bucks this year from Long Fork, several from Johns Creek, a couple from Elkhorn creek, 4 from island creek, 2 from Cowpen, 1 from brushy, and 3 in the pikeville city limits, and several from lick creek and ferrells creek. I would say that pike county will produce 50+ booners and some was poached. But like u say, many never tell because they think that someone will try to take there spot. It's not that easy. I personally think that is silly. Most of the hunters own the land and hunt for days without seeing a single deer. The mountains in these areas are huge and cover hundreds of square miles. I would never tell the exact location. Sorry for pissing u off. My bad!

9. KY_M_Mitch1991

KY_M_Mitch1991 6 pointer

Jun 24, 2012
    KENTUCKY
    So, ever get any pics of the 8-point?

10. carter county cuckler

carter county cuckler 10 pointer

Nov 25, 2009
    Hitchins,Ky
    Seems like Ive worked in Pike Co half my life. Ive seen some Monster Bucks in that country. The old strip mines are some awesome hunting. Seen a 170 class the other day in the John Creek area while working and then seen about 50 Elk. I love that place!!! BUT they are a lot that get spot lighted too on those big strips.

11. kywallace69

kywallace69 12 pointer

Aug 18, 2008
    Zone 1
    You ain't kiddin. I ride side-by-sides in the fall before it gets cold and I can go on top of a big strip job and watch people below with spotlights in October and hear gun shots all night. I know one strip job in particular that u can go to about any time of the year and see dead deer laying. They shoot them for nothing. That sucks! The big ones, they just take there heads. That's the reason coyotes are taking over in pike county and basically everywhere. These poachers are feeding them with the dead deer they leave laying.

12. RackAholic

RackAholic 8 pointer

Oct 26, 2005
    Up in tree or in a boat
    I did and ask if anyone had heard of one being killed on Threlkel road because I own a farm on that road! Someone else did not post a picture of one somebody killed and specify that the person who killed it ask not to reveal its location. Little bit difference I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

13. hunting buddy

hunting buddy 12 pointer

Oct 23, 2010
    bg
  14. 9pointbuck

9pointbuck 6 pointer

Dec 11, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    Very nice buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk