How would you deal w/ this trespasser?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by kysteve, Oct 1, 2014.

1. patiodadio

patiodadio 8 pointer

Mar 22, 2014
    I think the best thing would be to wait and talk to him, if you don't the time, leave another note with your phone number asking him to call you. If he don't call you, then I would go to other measures.
    I know from experience that misunderstandings can happen. A fellow came ripping up in his pickup truck, blocking me and looking very menacing. As soon as we talked, he realized I had permission from the land owner to be there. Just saying in the long run its always better to talk first.

2. ancienthunter

ancienthunter 8 pointer

Dec 25, 2011
    Over the Hill
    Went to my farm in Breckinridge co last year to find a truck and trailer parked where I usually park, followed 4wheeler tracks and found two atv's loaded with corn. Finally found the guys in one of my food plots, the elderly neighbor lady had give them permission to hunt her place and said owned about 200 acres and hunt anywhere they want, she only owns 10 that joins me. They had already figured out they were in the wrong place but misunderstandings can happen.

3. FranciscoJ

FranciscoJ 6 pointer

Feb 19, 2010
    While it's great you worked things out, this is a very dangerous way to approach somebody...especially hunters.

4. hoytusa

hoytusa Fawn

Nov 18, 2013
    Don't waste your time with a note on truck. I had this problem a few yrs ago. Dam guy would pull down drive and park in front of barn. I put note on truck no hunting or parking he just wad it up and threw it on ground. So if I was you I would just call tow company tell them to come get it.

5. ddwhitetails

ddwhitetails 10 pointer

Jul 6, 2014
    I agree talk to the person first.......if nothing can be resolved from that then he deserves what he gets if he is trespassing.....but i wouldn't damage his vehicle in anyway as it will fall back on you.......good luck...ho[e it works out for you....keep us updated...

6. kysteve

kysteve Fawn

Feb 7, 2011
    Central Ky
    Well there are some very interesting ideas on here. I think hooking a boat or 4 wheeler trailor to his truck and reporting it stolen is genius. I have not seen him back since i put the note on his truck. I did tell him in the note that if his truck was on the property again that he'd be going to jail. As for the other stuff, i really believe that messing w/ someones truck or damaging it would onl;y encourage him to do something in return. Right now i am dealing with a trespasser. If i burn his truck or slash his tires then it may be on a whole different level. Don't get me wrong, i have thought about it, just common sense tells me that my truck will be sitting there while i'm out in the woods hunting. He could do as much or more damage to my property. I did call a tow company too. They said they will come tow his truck any time of the day or night.

7. sacmarata

sacmarata 10 pointer

Jul 28, 2014
    there
    Momma always said I are the smart won.