How was your Early Season

Brsutton86

12 pointer
Sep 19, 2009
Harrodsburg, KY
Crappy. A few teal and woodies but opening on the weekend made the public hunting crap. I didnt have the time to scout for woodies as much as the usual year either on ponds. Dont even want to talk about early goose. Always have 3 or 4 big shoots and a few small ones, they used different farms than years past and couldnt get permission where I found them.

Capttrae

12 pointer
Apr 2, 2012
Awesome!!! Had a great time, saw a bunch of birds. Even managed to kill a few in the process

EKYridgerunner

10 pointer
Sep 13, 2010
My Kentucky hunting season so far has been a dud of a duck hunt in the morning and a dove hunt in the afternoon.

I heard teal were around during season.

bigpuddin43

12 pointer
Feb 21, 2007
bucktown
Better than average early goose. Average on woodies. And teal I saw a few so better than last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FOWLER2671

12 pointer
Sep 11, 2009
Evicted from Aintry'
I expected a huge crowd but it was about the same as last years opener . We killed a few but watched several get shot. I was surprised how many woodies I saw on Wed.

All together I saw three woodies and seven teal hit the water in my company.

Gun7alk

6 pointer
Oct 30, 2013
Did fairly decent on woodies. Shot a few. Just pass shooting them from a corn field on the river though. My usual wood duck ponds only had a few hens on them this year for some reason.

Couldn't find the geese anywhere this year. When I did find them on accident it was the last day of season.

No teal either. Had a group of 30 or so flying high over the dove field for a few days in the evening but I never could figure out where they were going.

I wish the wood duck season would have been extended through that last weekend with the teal season. I don't know how those 4 extra days would hurt anything. There's no hunting after 2pm at the wma closest to me so that really only left me with 3 weekend mornings to hunt the swamp.

whitleycotrapper

12 pointer
May 20, 2005
Williamsburg, KY
Killed 29 geese with our group. Lost one for a total of 30 really. Only killed one wood duck though. Better than last year on geese and worse than any time I can remember on the woodies. Never see any teal when season is in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts