How to find game warden

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by 1wildcatfan, Nov 24, 2019.

1. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Its already been posted that a dove field and decoy spread will bring out the GWs. Heres another way, have elk antlers visible in the bed of your truck.
    I was checked 3 times in NM, once in Oklahoma and twice in Ky. The last time was friday afternoon on I-64 between Mt Sterling and Morehead. Cruising along at about 75, saw a pickup in the emergency lane ahead if me, pulled off more than usual. I thought maybe a hunter in the adjacent woods. Passed it and saw it was GW. Truck pulls out, catches up with me, turns the blue lights on. He checked the elk, saw the couse antlers. Both were tagged and he didnt even inspect the tags. A very nice young man, said he's not there to enforce NM laws but someone called (between Lex and there) me in when they saw the antlers so this GW was out there waiting on me. Then a state trooper in Grayson checked them out while sitting at traffic light just because he hadn't been that close before.

Drahts, RLWEBB, Southpaw and 7 others like this.
  2. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Should have told him you were deer hunting in ky and real surprised at how much bigger the deer were in ky vs md lol.

EdLongshanks, Drahts, RLWEBB and 10 others like this.
  3. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    You can't imagine some of the comments I've heard.

Drahts likes this.
  4. aaronc

aaronc 10 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    About 15 years ago while the GW's were turning the duck boat inside out one morning they asked us how we cooked all these ducks and did we really like them,......my buddy spoke up johnny on the spot,....said

" Yeah I love them fried, they taste a lot like eagle."

5. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Great answer. But i would think that would get you at least 3 tickets from the Green Gestapo.
    In short, if they want to write you a Ticket, they will find Something wrong.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  6. Bubbles

Bubbles Banned

Oct 25, 2016
    In 32 yrs of hunting i have been checked by green jeans one time only and that was a public dove field

bearleft likes this.
  7. Bubbles

Bubbles Banned

Oct 25, 2016
    I want to try duck one time. Tried goose and didn't care for it

8. timer

timer 10 pointer

Feb 20, 2013
    La Grange
    Make sure you have a cook who knows what they are doing. Duck is like a lot of other things....it can be really really good, or it can be horrible.

9. aaronc

aaronc 10 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    No tickets that morning,...They did try though. Your right,...if they want to they can find whatever unfortunately.
    ,.........none of the 3 of them thought it was funny :rolleyes:

10. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Sounds to me like the officer was doing his job. I’m glad we’ve got them.

11. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    I hunted a public dove field this time. It was first public dove hunt I’ve ever been to. 2 game wardens drove right by us never checked us. Went straight to the guy that had the mojos. And on to the back field and they drove by us on the way out never even stopped.

12. Bubbles

Bubbles Banned

Oct 25, 2016
    When i got checked, he didnt pick and choose. He checked each and every hunter for their HIP number, license, and gun plugged. He was cordial but there wasnt much chit chat, all business. He checked a lot of people that day.

OLE RASPY and Regulator623 like this.
  13. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    wasn't cooked right. It's awesome!

14. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I’ve had goose nuggets with hot sauce that I thought were very good.

15. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    I do goose several ways. One of my wifes favorite ways is to smoke it. I made a marinade that I puree to where I can get it thru a injection needle. I inject the breasts and lay in a glass dish and cover with the leftover marinade and cover the dish with saran wrap and let them set in fridge for 24-48 hrs. Then I cold smoke them for 3 hours then up the temp on the smoker to 225 until the internal temp of the breasts is 135. Then remove, slice on a slicer bout 1/8" thick across grain. Make a dill/horseradish sauce for dipping and it is to die for. Thats one way! We take that dish to dinner parties at T-giving and Christmas and it is the first plate cleaned up at every party.

1wildcatfan likes this.