how much would a large coon weigh?

Discussion in 'Coon Hunting' started by tanglewood, Dec 8, 2009.

1. tanglewood

tanglewood Spike

Sep 6, 2009
    lexington ky
    I caught a the biggest coon ever and am wondering how much you guys think a big coon would weigh? mine was 19 lb 7oz 32 inches long. is he big or average?:confused: thanks.

2. pseMAN

pseMAN 6 pointer

Sep 9, 2007
    keavy, ky
    thats about average for a grown coon....up north they can get 30 lbs. or bigger

3. rme hunter

rme hunter 8 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Breckinridge County
    From my experience and I trapped around 30 coons last year that is a large coon for western KY. 14lbs is about average.

4. blackdogman

blackdogman Fawn

Sep 8, 2009
    caught one thursday night weighed 25lbs and the was a big one for me. usually don't get them that big.

5. Cornmonkey

Cornmonkey 8 pointer

May 17, 2009
    east ky.
    In 1982 on the ohio river i caught a coon that chimed in at 39 lb. Looked like coonzilla. A local fella who owned a service station bought it off me and had it mounted. Don't know if that sta. is still in but that big sucker was a good story peice for the front window. The sta. was in harrison ohio. Lived there for a year and half. That old fella said he trapped in his early day's and said he had never seen one that large.

6. tanglewood

tanglewood Spike

Sep 6, 2009
    lexington ky
    thanks guys

I didn't think anyone would say he was a monster just alittle above average

7. Fleming Creek

Fleming Creek Spike

May 3, 2009
    largest coon

36 lbs in 1985 in Fleming County, Ky.

8. HotSpot

HotSpot Fawn

Nov 3, 2009
    eastky
    thats a huge coon for fleming county, most the ones i tree off the river is 12-15 pounds.

9. Fleming Creek

Fleming Creek Spike

May 3, 2009
    Charles "Chigger" Mattox was the man that caught him.

10. Deer Hunter

Deer Hunter 10 pointer

Dec 6, 2003
    One year when i was in the National Gaurds we had summer camp in Indianna and during the night we had coons getting into our stuff (boots,shaving kits, tooth paste/brush things like that.) carrying it away if they could. They were some of the biggest coons i have ever seen. I dont know how much they would have weighed but some of them were big enough that they could stand flat footed and drink out of a 55 gal barrel. :D

11. carter county cuckler

carter county cuckler 10 pointer

Nov 25, 2009
    Hitchins,Ky
    36lb coon,39lb coon,hmmmm.......:cool:,that aint nuttin,i treed this that there coon one time,shot him out,my old walker dog jumped on his back and that coon drug my dog right back up the tree with him,never seen my dog again,TRUE STORY,that coon must have weighed 100lbs:rolleyes:

12. Deer Hunter

Deer Hunter 10 pointer

Dec 6, 2003
    Now that was a big coon ! Sorry to hear about your dog by the way. :D

13. KY_Fried

KY_Fried 10 pointer

Nov 13, 2003
    Foster, KY, USA.
    Here's a pic of one that's said to be 75 lbs.
    [​IMG]
    Something tells me it didn't get that big eating crawfish and bird eggs though ;) :rolleyes:

14. Grizz700efi

Grizz700efi Fawn

Dec 19, 2009
    About 6 or so years ago my uncle that I hunt with shot out a 27 pounder. I believe it was in Ohio county.

15. My cousin had a tame one that got so big it wouldnt fit in a #2 washtub, she wieghed in at over 50 lbs. She had a taste for ho hos and twinkies and various other fattening goodies that probably shouldnt have been feed to a coon.