How Much Should a Coyote Hunt Cost???

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by KentuckyHunter509, May 7, 2017.

1. KentuckyHunter509

KentuckyHunter509 Fawn

May 6, 2017
    Bowling Green
    What is the market for people in the city wanting to come to the country and try their luck shooting a Coyote? I'd just like to know a fair price to charge. I realize some will say the "shooters" are doing land owners a favor, but...it is scent in the woods and activity pushing away my deer... so I have to charge.

I do have a low-end cabin for them to stay in. What's a "fair" price? I'm thinking a 3 days.

(7 letters is what the next question will be...but I'm hoping just for a ballpark)

2. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I'd say not much. Tough sell.

3. Tufrthnails

Tufrthnails 10 pointer

Oct 27, 2014
    Lakeland, FL
    I'd have to agree. I got no less then 15 farms I can call and go to and shoot coyotes in KY. Most I got permission from simply yaking with old timers at the local hole in wall restraunt.

4. KentuckyHunter509

KentuckyHunter509 Fawn

May 6, 2017
    Bowling Green
    I really don't have a clue what to charge. I was thinking a few hundred dollars for a few days. You have to remember, a lot of people that live in Louisville that went to law school who own 6 AR 15's are dying for a place to try them out at some game. A lot of people aren't "local" or know any farmers, etc. A lot of people are like me who isn't comfortable asking for favors and would rather pay...then ask for something....it's just a "weird" thing for some people.

Gooch likes this.
  5. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I'd say the market for such a venture is really small. I think I'm familiar with your target demographic. I'm not sure I know anyone that would be willing to fork over much money at all. More power to you though. Hope you get what you are looking for.

hotdog likes this.
  6. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    If you are offering to teach them how to coyote hunt and can produce kills... you may be onto something. You may get a few repeat hunters that may wish to keep coming back on their own down the road. I do wish you luck.

7. Gooch

Gooch 10 pointer

Feb 24, 2004
    .lincoln co ky
    no differant than any other hunt,some just dont have access to hunting land mite be willing to try it.i do have some areas to hunt luckly,im just really not any good at calling inany coyotes,mabey some in the same boat as me will jump at the chance to kill a coyote. just my 2 cents..good luck

8. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Just be good at selling your services. After a unsuccessful hunt just tell the Hunter, You should have been here last week, we killed the heavy outta them, or the moon is wrong an they are traveling at night, etc etc

9. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    I don't get it. You are charging for leaving scent in the woods and pushing your deer away? What kind of price tag do you put on scent and lack of deer? Are you using the money to de-scent and reintroduce deer? If it boils down to it maybe a trespass fee of 75 dollars to have your way with the K-9s for a week might be inline with what a reasonable person would pay.

10. cityslicker

cityslicker 8 pointer

Jan 11, 2010
    Hart county
    If you're going to charge you better be prepared to locate coyotes before you charge someone money to hunt. By locate I mean recent trail camera pics or actually locating by doing some howls in the evening and listening for a response.
    I know someone who guides for coyotes in another state and it's $300/day I believe. But he locates coyotes before clients show up, does the calling and takes care of transportation. He takes clients to multiple properties and they pretty much always kill. The coyote population is excellent where he is.
    I don't think you're going to have much luck charging someone to hunt coyotes on your place. Plus coyotes aren't like deer, you can't keep hunting the same farm over and over. They wise up real quick. So after a couple of hunts you'd done for a while or risk having call shy coyotes that can't be called.