How much longer is this boom going to last?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cedar creek, Aug 1, 2019.

1. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    I actually looked it up the other day..
    In 2018 and 2019 the capital gains tax rates are either 0%, 15% or 20% for most assets held for more than a year. Capital gains tax rates on most assets held for less than a year correspond to ordinary income tax brackets (10%, 12%, 22%, 24%, 32%, 35% or 37%).

Capital gains are the profits from the sale of an asset — shares of stock, a piece of land, a business — and generally are considered taxable income. A lot depends on how long you held the asset before selling.

• Short-term capital gains tax is a tax on profits from the sale of an asset held for one year or less. Short-term capital gains tax rates equal your ordinary income tax rate — your tax bracket. (Not sure what tax bracket you’re in? Review this rundown on federal tax brackets.)
    • Long-term capital gains tax is a tax on profits from the sale of an asset held for more than a year. Long-term capital gains tax rates are 0%, 15% or 20% depending on your taxable income and filing status. They are generally lower than short-term capital gains tax rates.

2. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    I'm with you, I'd call this a correction.

My mind is constantly taking in miniscule real life data just like this little thing most people's minds wouldn't even take notice of. If this glorious bubble bursts, it's gonna be awhile down the road.
    [​IMG]

3. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Subfloor patch or do you normally use plywood throughout on new construction?

4. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    We use advantech for new construction, that plywood was a little project for an elderly neighbor lady. It was to build a table for her ceramics shop.

drakeshooter and EdLongshanks like this.
  5. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    If and when it goes down I doubt it will be a bust, more a correction than anything else.

barney likes this.
  6. Regulator623

Regulator623 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2006
    Eastern Kentucky
    The coal trains used to be a reliable economic barometer...fewer trains = less electricity being used = slowing economy...nowadays, not so much.

barney likes this.