How Many Zone 3 Hunters Still Trying To Make It Happen

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by KnoxCoDeerHunter, Nov 17, 2008.

1. KnoxCoDeerHunter

KnoxCoDeerHunter 6 pointer

Nov 13, 2006
    Knox County
    Today is the last day of gun season for zone 3 for me, still no luck. All Ive got is a cold from laying in the woods everyday.Seen plenty of bucks but just wasnt big enough for my standards. The way I see it, if there small let em walk maybe they'll be here next year and have plenty of big bucks,but that seems never to happen.But I may try hunting one more last time this gun season this evenin after getting off work at 7am and going to bed.Hopefully get a decent buck on the ground, but theres always the ole bow and black powder season in december coming up to fall back on...How many hunters still trying to get a decent deer on the ground? Deer in knox county just aint moving like they should, have been watching them get out the beds in the morning and fool around for a few mins and they lay back down.I have no clue whats up with them, must be the weather,but to me seems like deer would be moving like crazy, it be a slow rain and cool temps. O well cant never tell about a deer.

2. GraysonCountyHunter

GraysonCountyHunter Banned

Nov 12, 2008
    A modification of the zone 3 rules would be a good thing. To have another week of "Buck Only" would be a great thing. The big ones are still not moving well and as the week has progressed, the bucks became larger than in the first week. This weekend's bad weather reflected the kill and it will effect the numbers, possibly resulting in some counties being rezoned to even a lesser zone. Zone 3 hunters should call your commissioners and have Zone 3 to include 1 more week of "Buck Only". It will not effect the doe population at all!!