How many read outdoor/hunting magazines??

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Little FR, Jan 10, 2022 at 10:32 PM.

Where do you read hunting articles?

1. Magazines because I’m old darn it.

2. Online, it’s not 1994.

3. I like to glean from both sources.

4. Videos, I let the narrator put emphasis on the correct syllables.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    My bathroom use to look like a library, diff types of hunting mags. Use to watch hunting shows on tv too but not anymore. Mostly a YouTuber now.

Little FR and bgkyarcher like this.
  2. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Never understood why anyone would place reading material within a bathroom, ESPECIALLY writings upon a public bathroom stall wall. Just get in there, do your nasty business and get out with a quickness. It's not usually the most sanitary room, unless you or another family member happens to have OCD, and most toilet seats are not even comfortable for an extended period of time.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022 at 2:29 PM
  3. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Me too. I used to take 8-10 hunting/fishing magazines.

Little FR likes this.
  4. aaronc

aaronc 12 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    Not for yeeeeaaars.....used to get Ky Gand F and NA Whitetail. Best part about Ky G and F was the candid pics in the very back that everybody would send in of their catches, captures, and kills,..I can see that here. When I decided I didn't need the rut broken down into 18 phases out went NAW. The calendar they sent with Ky G and F was nice though, not sure if they still send it.

5. woodsman92

woodsman92 10 pointer

Feb 16, 2019
    Russell Co
    Well I chose magazines but I’m not old yet lol I was getting outdoor life/field and stream, and Petersens. I guess the fs/ol ran out but I’m still getting petersens. I don’t really get online to read articles, don’t listen to many podcasts, and only show I occasionally watch is hunting public on YouTube.

Little FR likes this.
  6. Not for years, everything online now. The only print anything I get anymore is The Whole Seed Catalog that Baker’s puts out.

barney and Little FR like this.
  7. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    What's a magazine??
    None for a long time. Last one I took was Predator Xtreme.
    Heck, I even used to Write for one. Ha ha.

barney and Little FR like this.
  8. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    My kids and I enjoy thumbing through and reading the Kentucky Afield together. That’s it.

Little FR likes this.
  9. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    i got wise to that several years back when I started noticing the same deer on the cover of F&S were on the cover of several different mags including Ky Fish and Game.

Dark Cloud and Little FR like this.
  10. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 10 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    Yep, they still make the calendar but its not KY G and F, its Kentucky Afield. There is no Ky G and F anymore, its Midwest now and has articles about other states in it lol. You can order a calendar online, cost ya $7.50, I get one every year, love those old things.

aaronc likes this.
  11. aaronc

aaronc 12 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    ;) I just threw away my bird calendar for '21,..needing another for my shop anyway. Thanks for the headsup...I can go $7. fitty.

12. HeadedWest

HeadedWest 10 pointer

Nov 22, 2016
    Haven’t read paper magazines in a while but I’ve tossed around the idea of going back to a dumb phone…if I do that, I’d probably pick them up again.

13. Little FR

Little FR 10 pointer

Nov 10, 2021
    West Kentucky
    I just got a smart phone a couple years ago. It was costing company $600 a year or so to keep buying me used flip phones. They just got me a life proof case and insurance on this fancy phone. It does great stuff like gps and photos but I miss not being so accessible and pondering a question instead of google.

14. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    Still a quality Magazine!

I despise the decline of journalism into advertisement of the latest gadget. I would much rather read a 40 year old magazine that had articles with interesting stories!

I do watch lots of Youtube non commercial stuff.

HeadedWest and Little FR like this.
  15. HeadedWest

HeadedWest 10 pointer

Nov 22, 2016
    Steven Rinella used to be a breath of fresh air from the advertising, only subtle shots of brand or mentions…I don’t know if I’ve made it through one full podcast in the last year because that’s all it is, pimping the meat eater brand. I realized it was more about the money than the conversation/conservation when I dealt with some shit first lite products after he bought them out…one of the first real let downs in that industry for me.

FOWLER2671 and Little FR like this.