How many plan on hunting this weekend???

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Monster-Chaser, Nov 16, 2005.

1. MrHank

MrHank 8 pointer

Jun 7, 2005
    Henry Co. KY
    I will be out this weekend regardless if my buck tag is filled or not, been buck hunting all week but the ladies better watch out this weekend.

2. Singleshot

Singleshot Spike

Oct 20, 2005
    Casey Co.
    I agree! The second weekend is much more peaceful. I will be there unless I get him tomorrow.:D :D :D

3. tinpoint

tinpoint 6 pointer

Dec 22, 2004
    Murray Ky
    I'll be hunting Sat.with my 15 yr old son and a friend of his that dose'nt have a place to hunt,after that I will be out there every chance I get!! ;) Take A Youngster Hunting If You Can!!:D

4. redfan2

redfan2 Fawn

Dec 3, 2004
    My son and I are going Sunday. Hunted last Saturday, had 10 to 15 does working around us throughout the day. Had a couple bucks working but never got open enough. Waiting for one with a rack bigger than he's already mounted, otherwise he'll shoot a doe.

5. FugateHunts

FugateHunts Fawn

Nov 26, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    This weekend is my only opportunity to hunt this year and I am so excited (been waiting a year). I am going to hit it hard and couldn't ask for any better weather or company.

6. big bubba t

big bubba t 10 pointer

Sep 4, 2004
    Waltersburg , KY
    I am trying to talk my wife into getting her tags and going since both places I hunt still have the bigguns running around on them . If she doesn't want to then I'll be out chasing bunnies . Good luck to all that are still after them though the weather looks good.

7. DuckSlayer10

DuckSlayer10 6 pointer

Nov 2, 2005
    Along a little river
    I'll be going out for the first time this weekend. Went duck hunting last weekend, did good, but now I am ready to shoot some deer.:D

8. pheasdog2

pheasdog2 Fawn

Mar 1, 2003
    I'll be going out, hopefully my luck will change....missed a decent buck at dusk on Saturday at 150 yds from a solid rest, thought I hit him (sounded like a hit) but looked for an hour with flashlight/lantern, no blood, back the next day, no sign at all...went out today for a bit, pushed a deer (sounded heavy) out of a thicket, but it didn't dash off, just bounded a bit...went toward it, noticed an ear thru the thicket, scope showed a doe bedded down about 70 yds out...watched her for 20 minutes hoping the other deer was a buck and that it would come back...she was behind a pretty heavy screen of brush and after awhile I had to leave...had a narrow window at her neck, shot, she jumped up and ran...went there, no blood....not used to missing deer, don't like it! But would rather miss clean than wound.

Lord willing I will get it done this weekend and harvest one. Better yet, let my 11 year old get his...

9. tmayn031

tmayn031 6 pointer

Nov 15, 2004
    nky
    I'm leaving after work Friday and won't be back till the Bengals game on sunday, WHO DEY. Didn't get out last weekend so this is my opening weekend. Looking forward to hopefully getting some meat in the freezer!!!

Good luck guys...

10. lances

lances 10 pointer

Sep 12, 2004
    Lake Cumberland KY
    xeaving in the morning to scout the big fort knox I am ready. and pumped

11. dug1976

dug1976 6 pointer

May 19, 2005
    richmond, ky
    going to missouri

Heading to my brother's farm in northern Missouri.He and a friend have 900 acres, I help plant over 2000 trees there this summer. They have a 26 county area about one-fourth of the state that has a visible 4 point rule on one side to shoot a buck. They have already killed 3 monsters on the farm. Maybe there's one left:D .