How many of you got checked by the "Man" this year ?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by WildmanWilson, Nov 24, 2006.

1. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    I would like to see just how many of us got checked by a game warden\ conservation officer this deer season.

I for one didn't nor do I know of anyone getting checked. I never even seen one driving around. The only time I've ever got check was twice dove hunting and once in the middle of winter while fishing.

It seems to me during dove season they come out of the wood work but deer season they are scarce. I would be nice if they were a little more visible during deer season.

2. AteUp

AteUp 12 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    Luavul
    I'd say they are plenty busy during deer season but there are so many hunters, the odds of getting checked are low.

3. naturalelite

naturalelite 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2004
    NATTYVILLE
    I didn't get checked but I know they were out on Cumberland Parkway this past weekend. I hadn't seen them out there in years I was glad they were out there being seen. Apparently they had two on a bridge and would radio down to officers on the parkway.

4. Ihuntsetters

Ihuntsetters 6 pointer

Jan 21, 2006
    Perry co
    i got checked in breathitt co

5. WarriorHunter

WarriorHunter Spike

Nov 15, 2006
    yeah we noticed them coming in on sunday looked like they had a guy pulled over

6. Deerhunter150

Deerhunter150 Spike

Nov 25, 2004
    Leitchfield, Ky
    our co's for the most part do a great job. most people don't cut them any slack. have you ever tried to cover a county with over 500 miles of roadways not to include the rabbit paths we hunt. they are getting call from people, frankfort, and the county where they live. then you have spot lighter complaints, and landowners. they have 8hrs shift may be a little overtime not much. so your getting checked is slim at best. try walking a mile in his or her shoes and see how well you do. co's i think you do a great job and no one ever tells them this. how many of us walk up on people with a loaded gun on a daily basis.

7. MrHank

MrHank 8 pointer

Jun 7, 2005
    Henry Co. KY
    I have never been checked in the 18 years I have been hunting deer, the only time I have ever been checked has been on the water.

8. 69CAMARO

69CAMARO Fawn

Dec 3, 2005
    I got checked on Peabody. He was very cool and profesional

9. My son got checked earlier in the year while squirrel hunting in Allen County.

When I was walking out of the woods on opening day of gun season about 5 years ago, the CO was waiting behind my truck to check me.

That's about the only times we have been checked.

10. mcdenney

mcdenney 12 pointer

Dec 16, 2002
    Wildcat Country, USA.
    Yep

Got checked 3 times in a day and a half on the same piece of ground by the same guy while helping out some elk hunters.:mad: I don't mind being checked but I would prefer being checked at the truck or while we were not in hot pursuit of elk.

11. hossamassey

hossamassey 6 pointer

Jan 18, 2006
    I've never got checked could be he's my first cousin's husband, so it I did something it would for sure get back to him through the family. He said that they checked over 500 deer a couple of Saturdays ago and just a few weren't legal. I wish that we actually had more CO, because they are spread then, especially in Pike Co. because it's just to large of a county to cover and do it efficiently.

12. KY_Fried

KY_Fried 10 pointer

Nov 13, 2003
    Foster, KY, USA.
    I've been hunting for 22 years and have never once been checked or even seen a CO during deer season except maybe at a check station when those were still around.

13. Art

Art 12 pointer

Nov 27, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    I've never been checked in the 20+ years in the woods.

14. yote hunter

yote hunter 12 pointer

Oct 30, 2004
    bullitt county
    i have been checked 1 time in 20 yrs of deer hunting it was late muzzle loading season and he knocked on the cabin door and check 3 of use out he was very professional and friendly.i have been checked on the water about 10 times.

15. ryan hickey

ryan hickey 12 pointer

Feb 23, 2005
    Lexington
    never been checked....