How many deer

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by robert, Dec 17, 2012.

1. robert

robert Fawn

Jan 24, 2009
    eastern ky
    How many deer are you allowed to take in zone 4,I know a hunter that took a button buck with a bow and now he has took two more does with muzzleloader and he said he is still allowed one more deer can this be true.

2. new guy

new guy Banned

Jun 30, 2011
    deep in the mountains
    apparently in zone 4's like i hunt you can do whatever you want.

3. NitroHunter

NitroHunter 6 pointer

Jan 20, 2002
    Jeremiah, Kentucky.
    You can take 4 deer in zone 4 as long as you buy bonus tags.

4. 8&sand

8&sand 12 pointer

5. buzzb673

buzzb673 6 pointer

Nov 1, 2004
    Muses Mills,KY
    Got a neighbor that took 3 bucks and 4 doe in zone 2. We apparently have bigger bag limits.

6. Poppie

Poppie Banned

Sep 11, 2012
    Then turn his butt in !!! :mad:

7. Caverun_KY

Caverun_KY 6 pointer

Nov 21, 2012
    Not Here
    Correct!

My wife's family owns a lot of property in zone 4, and we hunt there sometimes... I also have a lot of friends and know a lot of people that live in the areas.

I know one thing: Zone 4 sure has A LOT of poachers... During modern gun season you can't shoot a Doe... A guy shot a Doe and killed it right in front of me & my wife on her family's property.... I told him he was on private property, and he said he killed a spike, not a Doe.:rolleyes:

I called the Game Warden and told them about it, And they don't care!:rolleyes:

I also know a guy that kills several Bucks a year and saws the antlers off, and leaves the rest of the deer laying there... I have tried to turn him in, But I can't get them to even come out... It makes me so mad!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  8. joshgray459

joshgray459 6 pointer

Jul 16, 2011
    Barbourville KY
    i live and hunt in zone 4 and i know of alot of people who kill way more than their share of deer. one night during rifle season i heard a shot at around 11:00pm and the next morning when i drove out the driveway there was a big doe laying dead in the middle of a field. i called the number on the front of the hunting guide and gave them all the information they ask for and i'm still waiting a month later for a call back.

9. Caverun_KY

Caverun_KY 6 pointer

Nov 21, 2012
    Not Here
    Sorry people... Did they take any meat from the Doe?

I was told by a friend that a guy shot a 16 point Buck after 10:00PM one night, and the next morning he tagged it in and took the head to have it mounted... Now, What fun is that?:rolleyes:

I hear ya!... I did the same thing several times!.. Next time I'm not going to call, I'm going to drive to their office with my proof.

In some parts of Zone 4, They need to take gun season out for several years, Because there isn't much deer at all.

10. joshgray459

joshgray459 6 pointer

Jul 16, 2011
    Barbourville KY
    Nope just shot her. the local dogs eat good for acouple days.

11. robert

robert Fawn

Jan 24, 2009
    eastern ky
    I see now why the are not many deer here.

12. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    As much as I hate to admit it we are eat up with poachers in zone 4..Its the worst its ever been!!!! Slobs throw up stands anywhere they want, hunt with slugs during muzzleloader season and go anywhere they damn well please regardless of property lines..It infuriates me:mad: Its a lot harder for wardens to catch poachers in the mountains..Around here you can kill all the deer you want, drag them off the mountain behind your house and no one will ever know..Its not killing on in the flat country..No one knows what goes on in the hollers unless they happen to be standing there..No one sees anything.

13. droopy

droopy 10 pointer

i'm a zone 4 hunter also,they way i understand it is 4 deer, 2 with gun as long as one was doe on the last weekend of black powder,and 2 with bonus archery tags!

14. robert

robert Fawn

Jan 24, 2009
    eastern ky
    do you have to use the statewide tags befor you can use the bonus tags