How high is the water momma?????

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by beauhunter41031, May 19, 2020.

1. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    Why did they kick you out?

Feedman likes this.
  2. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    I have flittered both in and out of that large city, since before I can even recall, of course. I continue to do so and likely always shall, it seems. A dear friend of many who remain there once said this song reminds him of me, and I guess that is the reason... I simply come and go like the waves...

3. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    The poor people in Beattyville...

RLWEBB likes this.
  4. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    Oneida in clay co ky looks about like that as well. Alot of folks in that area are stranded..due to them living across low water bridges that have washed away. Its definetly a bad situation for alot of folks. Thankfully, ive not heard of any deaths due to the flooding. But many folks have lost all they have.

Munson likes this.
  5. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.

Some apartment building off Jacksonville Beach--just right off the A1A. However, she and her husband are living with us right now for the last week (since she's expecting in late July or August--they didn't wait much time LOL) and because the China Virus has shut down a lot of businesses.

She's nervous about having a kid without any family supports nearby and that's one reason. So my wife will be here to do this. I'll just be the observer. LOL Anyway, it's only supposed to be for a few months (OK, right...ha). I try to just stay out of their personal decisions.

I think they'd both want to go back "south".

My wife and I would go down to Jacksonville two or three times a year. We'd always get a condo right off the beach so I could walk out the door and go fishing. But I guess that won't be happening now. Good thing we didn't get a condo there! LOL

6. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.

I hate to hear that...may God intervene for those folks.

7. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019

Lol... hope the randy groomsman is not from Jax and suddenly trying to adjust to life within Kentucky... lol... they may not remain for long, if so, and you will all find yourself back down in Florida somewhere/anywhere, eventually...

Good ole A1A, cruised it my entire life. Can't become a big wave chaser without knowing it like the back of your own hand, that's a fact for Floridians. I have lived at various places inside of A1A directly on 1st Street and more along Jax beach, itself, and the other streets dotting the coastline directly beside Jax Beach and beyond all. There are some good breaks there. It's changed quite a bit over the years, but I prefer warmer waters and bigger breaks further south, these days, and have for quite a while now.

I almost drowned there as a baby (actually did drown), but my father quickly rescued me. Sneaker wave pushed in and snatched me within the blink of an eye, while only feet away from him, and he saw my little polkadot bikini with me still inside of it floating head down, while being quickly taken out. He has often said that if it had not been for my brightly colored bikini, he probably would have never seen me, and that all had terrified him more than anything to that date. I have rescued a few people there, myself, over the years since then.

One good thing about Jax is that it rarely takes direct hurricane hits, which can often make for great surf, whenever they do come into the east coast of Florida. There exist more wisdom filled real estate purchases there, for it all. Just a tip from the little surfer girl, for your prego daughter and all, even though I was born along the big river running through Jax. ;)

There is apparently some flooding ongoing along the banks of the freezing cold Ohio River, within my neck of the woods here in Kentucky, per reports. I may drive over at some point in the day to check all and more out, for myself. Congrats on the new grand baby. Imagine that baby already recognizes you fairly well via sound. :):cool:

8. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Not now though... Tornado warning with sun shining... take shelter immediately warning.

EDIT: dogs, cat and I are now secured within our safety shelter spot. Heard a large boom and watched all of the Starlings suddenly take flight while typing response to EC. Initially thought it to have been a firearm quickly deciding not so and checked power via light source (still on then and now). Checking reports and radar now that we are situated.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  9. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    What else is 2021 gonna throw at us ya reckon? Tough time for LOTS of folks right now. The place I worked yesterday isn't accessible unless by boat today. Ppl are stressed to the max to say the least

drakeshooter likes this.
  10. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    You ain't seen nuthin' yet. Your global demi-gods are taking control.

11. Regulator623

Regulator623 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2006
    Eastern Kentucky
    We've had a plauge, an icestorm, a snowstorm, and now a flood. And I've read we are supposed to get locusts this summer, that should just about cover it.

12. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Seems to me that most around here will be perfectly fine, until that New Madrid fault line decides that it wants to seriously shift once again. Katy bar the door, then, if one remains and get the boat ready.

13. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    20 plus years ago, I was telling the young pups who were buying houses for the first time to get earthquake insurance. And usually I'd get a "what?" I would typically respond, "so you've never heard of New Madrid??" Its usually pretty cheap, but if that momma goes off in a big way (like in the early 1800s), they'll be glad they got it.

Growing up in that part of that state (about 200 miles from New Madrid I guess as the crow flies), we'd get "shakers" and tremors all the time. Back in '68 we got about a 6.8. Knocked part of the court house down. Was big doings and excitement in those days. The other big damage were knocked down tombstones. LOL This was in Henderson county.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021