How do you handle trespassers

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by CRFmxracer, Apr 24, 2020.

1. slickhead slayer

slickhead slayer 12 pointer

Nov 14, 2005
    VP OF ADMIN Development
    You have a link for that?
    All my family is from Marion co, I've got cousins, uncle's etc that were in the cornbread mafia. Nobody has raised significant marijuana in ky in decades. The last time they all got caught, they were caught in wisc, Minnesota, and the Dakota's. That was 20 years ago. They all went to those states because ky uses the national guard to fly looking for marijuana. Alot of those other states don't use helicopters, or at least they didn't.

Tankt likes this.
  2. slickhead slayer

slickhead slayer 12 pointer

Nov 14, 2005
    VP OF ADMIN Development
    You writing that entire post without using a single period is worse than trespassing.

Jman and Feedman like this.
  3. Trapper Delk

Trapper Delk 10 pointer

Feb 10, 2020
    Central Kentucky.
    They are for girls .
    Or people who can't read and figure out when one sentence ends .
    . o_O. There's one LoL

4. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    https://americanaddictioncenters.org/learn/marijuana-busts-in-us/

Will search for the others later...

5. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    I'm extremely familiar with the ways of the hills, bigger ones than the puny ant mound hills of KY.

6. Stone Branch

Stone Branch 6 pointer

Jun 27, 2019
    Lewis county, KY
    no you're not.

G

jblack1 likes this.
  7. 1FowlHNTR

1FowlHNTR Spike

Jul 29, 2017
    Rowan County
    I thought you had black Panthers?

8. 1FowlHNTR

1FowlHNTR Spike

Jul 29, 2017
    Rowan County
    Easier and more cost efficient to get a 10 foot 2x4, 40 ten Penny finishing nails and some old burlap for camo....put it down when you leave the wait for the neighbor to call you about the individual in front of your gate. THEN you call the tow truck while advising him you now have his license plate number

9. Skyking

Skyking Fawn

Aug 8, 2012
    We're living in some scary times for lot's of people for lo'ts of reason's right now.The more compassion and wrongdoings you can tolerate the better.Jobs ,food,family normalcy are all aschew.Take the time to listen and maybe there will be folks coming through your life that might need a kind word or a bag of food or a place to hear a turkey.

10. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Well,
    I caught my first trespasser of the year yesterday morning. I hunted until I had a zoom meeting at 8 am. Got done with it an had breakfast then started to head home. I thought I will just drive up the road an check the hay fields. There sat a truck partially hidden in our hay field. I took picture of license plate an got a good description of truck. Blew my Horn a few times but no response. So I went silent an listened. Wasn't long I heard a hen calling in the woods.
    I took off across the hay field, got soaked to my knees, when I got close to the woods someone yelled, Hey.
    I ask him if I could help him an what was he doing on private property. A young guy came out of the woods an gave me his name an said that he was sorry an ask if he was on $-/(() $(;,/ farm.
    I told him no. He had made a wrong turn. He kept apologizing an was very nice. I told him where he made the wrong turn an not to come back or I would turn his plate number over to the game warden. i was pissed off but did not give him a cussin. He had the correct attitude an had made a mistake. If he had given me any attitude, this would have been different.
    I would have given him a good cussin an turned him over to the game warden.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  11. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    Most. Trespassers don't park at gates . they slip in from neighbors property.

Jack Ryan and Trapper Delk like this.
  12. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    If there us no gate they just drive right through your fields

13. Stone Branch

Stone Branch 6 pointer

Jun 27, 2019
    Lewis county, KY
    I'm not saying that there can't be honest mistakes but generally speaking even the nicest trespassers are lying to you.

G

carnivore and muddhunter like this.
  14. Black Train

Black Train Fawn

Oct 6, 2015
    I was on the way to my deer stand before daylight. Just then I saw a flashlight coming up the hill. I went dark and waited for him on the trail. When he gets to me I ask him if he knows where he is. The guy names the farm correctly. He said my Father in-law had given him permission to hunt the previous week. I let him know that my father in-law had passed away the previous fall. He was packing a climber, rifle and a backpack. I sent him over the steep hillside and made sure he didn't use the trail. I told him not to come back up as I would have to send him down again. Never saw that fellow again.

jblack1 and CRFmxracer like this.
  15. Black Train

Black Train Fawn

Oct 6, 2015
    Did I mention that I kept his flashlight and sent him down in the dark through the brush?

jblack1 and CRFmxracer like this.