How do you deal with your MIL's

INguy

6 pointer
Jan 28, 2010
My MIL is about to drive me crazy. I've posted in other threads that my wife and I just had our first child 2 weeks 2 days ago. My MIL has been in the hospital and at our house 13/16 days since she's been born. I'm about to go nuts.

NOW, they are skyping all the time on the 3 days shes not here. I'm trying to watch the Philly v Vikings game and my MIL is gracing me with her presence through skype.

She is SOOOOO overbearing its not funny. How do you guys handle your MIL's

AteUp

12 pointer
Mar 14, 2004
Luavul
No problem with mine. You need to get your wife on the same page as you are. Sounds like she's encouraging her behavior.

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
My MIL is about to drive me crazy. I've posted in other threads that my wife and I just had our first child 2 weeks 2 days ago. My MIL has been in the hospital and at our house 13/16 days since she's been born. I'm about to go nuts.

NOW, they are skyping all the time on the 3 days shes not here. I'm trying to watch the Philly v Vikings game and my MIL is gracing me with her presence through skype.

She is SOOOOO overbearing its not funny. How do you guys handle your MIL's

I go hunting, and work a lot of hours.

duckslayer870

12 pointer
Mother in laws can be a PITA. When the new settles down it may ease up. You may want to talk to your wife and ask her to tell mother to back off and give you guys some space. Secretly new moms crave attention and want to be left alone all at the same time. The mass exodus of hormones can make for a rollercoaster of emotions so approach with caution and feel things out first. My MIL is great and doesnt meddle to much and we have a great family dynamic. My parents are almost to distant.

Mepperson

12 pointer
Apr 7, 2005
Murray, KY
Find a way to work around it, the "new" will wear off soon. You don't really want to get off on a wrong foot. Besides, it may work out for you to have her around in a time of need, like when you want to take that fishing or hunting trip, or when you and the wife need a date night or some alone time. My wife and I live 6 hours away from family and it would have been nice to have someone around when our little one came along.

dray223

10 pointer
Mar 11, 2010
Find a way to work around it, the "new" will wear off soon. You don't really want to get off on a wrong foot. Besides, it may work out for you to have her around in a time of need, like when you want to take that fishing or hunting trip, or when you and the wife need a date night or some alone time. My wife and I live 6 hours away from family and it would have been nice to have someone around when our little one came along.

Best reply yet. Dont do anything stupid like getting them p*ssed off at you or avoid them. As much as they may get under your skin from time to time, one day you will find yourself in need of them.

pentail

Bacon
Staff member
Sep 25, 2002
Savoring the smoke
There WILL come a day when you need a favor from them, someone to watch the little one on short notice or for a weekend. This is exciting and new for them as well. Kiss your wife, kiss your little one, and head to the woods. Even if you just grab a book and head to the pop up blind for a few hours

BTOWNER

8 pointer
Dec 5, 2010
yeah, take it easy and use it to your advantage. don't p them off just for a little space. be tactful

philipfleek

12 pointer
Feb 24, 2008
philville, KY
I have thought long and hard on this since you posted it. Only thing I can tell ya Is,,,,,

Bitchslaper!!!!:D

It has worked in other threads--see if it works.

barney

12 pointer
Oct 11, 2005
Mine aggravated the living L out of me for 12 years, it gradually got better over the next 12...then she died.

Latest posts