How do y'all like this weather?

Gun7alk

6 pointer
Oct 30, 2013
12+ inches of snow and counting. Main roads are just as bad as the side roads where I'm at. Hard to tell the ditch from the black top. Not sure I'll be able to get out any this weekend, as bad as I'd like too.

Im hoping for a repeat of last years big snow though. As soon as things started to thaw out it seemed like every pond i passed by had a handful on it. A bunch of redheads and cans especially. Probably the most ducks I've ever seen around here, of course it was out of season.

Brown Dogs Matter

12 pointer
Jun 7, 2004
Louisville, KY.
It's 0430, and I'm debating on going out - leaning towards no, because of the roads....which sucks. I can usually only hunt on Saturday, due to my work schedule. My son was drawn for a hunt at Pfeiffer hatchery in Frankfort, but I talked to a buddy of mine down there - he said the roads suck in town, so I'd guess the road out to the hatchery is even worse.

Same thing with where we normally hunt...a coworker lives near there, and I heard from him last night. He almost didn't make it home. Thought about trying Taylorsville, but we don't have a boat and there's not a lot of places to field hunt...

Damn inconvenient storm.

HappyHunter

10 pointer
Sep 11, 2003
Louisville
4 wheel drive and 2 hands on the wheel. Too many birds around right now to not go. Afternoons will be the time to field hunt with this weather.

EKYridgerunner

10 pointer
Sep 13, 2010
This is my favorite kind of weather, prefer it February 1st, but I'll take it.

The main roads only had a couple inches this morning but the side roads are pretty deep.

Mar 4, 2009
Bracken County
It's 0430, and I'm debating on going out - leaning towards no, because of the roads....which sucks. I can usually only hunt on Saturday, due to my work schedule. My son was drawn for a hunt at Pfeiffer hatchery in Frankfort, but I talked to a buddy of mine down there - he said the roads suck in town, so I'd guess the road out to the hatchery is even worse.

Same thing with where we normally hunt...a coworker lives near there, and I heard from him last night. He almost didn't make it home. Thought about trying Taylorsville, but we don't have a boat and there's not a lot of places to field hunt...

Damn inconvenient storm.

Don't worry about the roads I would go out just take your time and put the 4 she drive in you will be fine don't waste a great day for ducks

Brsutton86

12 pointer
Sep 19, 2009
Harrodsburg, KY
Leave early, use 4wd, drive slow and hammer em. The little time we have em, you gotta go. Depending on the snow, sometimes you can use a leaf blower and clean out a big hole in a field for fbs like they have been feeding hard. Otherwise a deep snow I'd stay on open water.

Rob DeHaven

10 pointer
Apr 19, 2006
on the road
Just got in from the Ohio. Killed some geese and got some jewelry but only saw 2 ducks flying. I've been out the last 4 mornings on the river. It's usually a 15 min drive to get to the ramp. I don't mind snow to drive. Just take your time and alls good. It's the ice that sucks.

bigpuddin43

12 pointer
Feb 21, 2007
bucktown
51a348b4a08fcead731b5dc30f2cb58f.jpg

The normal 1 hour drive turned into an hour 45 min. But worth it. We have had a horrible season but had 3 Come in and one made it out. I will take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts