House with Acreage in Campbell County

7mmx2

12 pointer
Nov 8, 2007
KY
I'm striking out at all the places we have looked so I'm taking to the forum.
Do you all have any leads for a possible home for sale in Southern Campbell County with preferably 5 or more acres?
I've looked high and low online...flyers...mls...zillow etc...no luck.

Thanks if you might have a lead as our house in on the market and the nervous factor is setting in with no place that interests us.

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
Been looking in CC for the last year, pickins is slim... I'm closing Friday on 12.6 acres and a nice house in california ky. pm me your price range and ill send you what I know. Been out to the cryer road property (50 acres plus a house.) Property is nice but the house is rough, couldnt talk my lady into that one. There's also 11 acres 4 sale off Riley road for 45k. If our current deal fell through we were going to build on the 11 acres. We are painting the inside of the house this weekend if you want to stop by and talk real estate... Wear your work clothes.

Last edited:

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
I think there a few places out past the high school that are good values, we had to be off the AA. Sibcycline.com was better than other sites IMO for our home search. Spent a lot of time and money driving around to keep tabs on the 4sale by owner signs. 11020 persimmon grove is pending and was a steal, same story with 11320 lees rd, good places at good prices go fast. If either fall through you should jump on them.

Last edited:

7mmx2

12 pointer
Nov 8, 2007
KY
Congrats on the Washington Trace property. We just couldn't pull the trigger without having to update a lot inside the home. Im guessing with the other 58 showings a lot of the others felt the same way. Been looking for the past 2 + years for something AA side. Congrats again!

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
I have a lot of work ahead of me lol. The roof is about shot the inside needs updating, the carpets coming up and wood floors are going down when the mutt dies. I need to excavate behind the detached garage to address water and grading, The septic may need a little or a lot and we won't know for a couple months. Given the amount of work that needs to be done we did ok on price.
With that said as I'm sure you know it's a beautiful piece of property and can't wait to get moved in.

The 4 mile home with 6 acres nearby is overpriced but I think they'll come down soon.

Last edited:

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
Congrats on the Washington Trace property. We just couldn't pull the trigger without having to update a lot inside the home. Im guessing with the other 58 showings a lot of the others felt the same way. Been looking for the past 2 + years for something AA side. Congrats again!

Funny you mention that because it was very difficult negotiating with owners who thought the place needed zero updates.

7mmx2

12 pointer
Nov 8, 2007
KY
You will have plenty to shoot I have family 5 or so houses up the road and there are plenty I see all the time.

ptbrauch

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2004
The OC
Get you a real estate agent and have them do the work for you. The buyer doesn't pay an agent, only the seller does. So it'll cost you nothing and mine set me up with email alerts anytime property matching some of my requests came on market.