home processing

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by hikefordeer, Nov 16, 2010.

1. hikefordeer

hikefordeer Fawn

Sep 7, 2008
    for you home proceessors, what do you with the bones and hide when your done? I live in a neighborhood and didn't know if it's alright to be throwing all that junk in the trash

2. kywallace69

kywallace69 12 pointer

Aug 18, 2008
    Zone 1
    I put mine on a strip job from my home but you may have to drive out to the country to take care of business. I wouldn't put them in the trash. You may get a letter in the mail from the county. I have seen it happen.

3. philipfleek

philipfleek 12 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    philville, KY
    I live in Erlanger and have never had a prob putting them out in the trash-but im sure it's coming.
    then it will be a short drive to boone to get them gone.

4. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    double trash bag them if you can't get out to the county somewhere. Ask around on the varmint hunter forum and see if a coyote hunter would like them.

Please please please don't dump it all in one place on a WMA. There is a spot near the parking area on one that I rabbit and squirrel hunt that is almost unbearable to go to because it is the communal dead stuff dump. Deer scraps, near whole deer (some folks apparently just cut the back straps out without gutting the deer) and dead dogs. A very nasty situation.

Spread out a leg here and there and the hide somewhere else. Scavengers can find and make off with a piece at time.

5. top_sgt

top_sgt 6 pointer

Jul 10, 2007
    lexington, ky
    i cut my carcass up and put it in heavy duty trash bags for the trash man!!! no problems or letters yet!!!

6. hunter82

hunter82 6 pointer

Nov 4, 2008
    Franklin County
    I quarter mine out in the field and go ahead and debone the rear 1/4's right there so all I'm taking home is the meat and the front shoulders and all I have to throw in the garbage is the bone from the front shoulder. I put them in a garbage bag and send them on their way.

7. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Double bag it and put it in the trash. I have a big garbage can that they have to use the truck to dump. Never been a problem.

8. Cantmisum

Cantmisum 8 pointer

I chop all the bones a scrap up into small portions and boil them in a pot. Then freeze them in old walmart bags, In the winter when its cold outside I feed them to the dogs. They need the extra protien this time of year.
    The wife perfures I do this out on the grill. She says it stincks up the house and When I cook It up, I also tend to sing. The same song that I learned as a child. Some of you may recall it .
    GREAT GREEN GLOBS OF GREASY GRIMMY GOFFER GUTS-CHOPPED UP LITTLE BIRDYS FEET MUTALATED MONKEY MEAT-EYEBALLS FRIED UP IN A PAN--AND i FORGOT MY SPOON.

9. catsfan

catsfan 6 pointer

Sep 30, 2002
    Lexington, KY.
    I double bag mine and take them to the Fayette County landfill. They only charge a dollar or two for disposal. Not a big deal.

10. B.G.O. of Kentucky

B.G.O. of Kentucky 12 pointer

Nov 19, 2002
    Louisville, Ky, USA.
    Get some "Contractor Bags" from Home Depot. Very heavy plastic bags, and very large, you can put an entire deer in one, hide, bones, head etc. Then, I zip tie it shut and double bag it incase a bone does puncture it. Never had an issue yet. Just through 2 away like that and they were in my can right next to my back door for several days and never smelled a thing.

11. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    Are you telechecking them before you do that?

http://fw.ky.gov/pdf/deerguide10infoandtelecheck.pdf

You will most likely be given a ticket for a cooler full of meat with no confirmation number.

12. Tha' Hat

Tha' Hat 10 pointer

Oct 3, 2005
    The Island
    I just take mine and dump them in QuackrStackr's back yard. He's too old and feeble to catch me.

13. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    You don't have any problems dumping them in the back of my truck, for sure.

14. hunter82

hunter82 6 pointer

Nov 4, 2008
    Franklin County
    Sure do but thanks for asking!! I usually whip out the handy dandy Cell phone and telecheck as soon as I have recovered the deer.

15. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    I used to dump mine on Drennon Hwy 202, but that dang 7mmwsm put up some cameras ;)