Holder to RESIGN!!!

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by westkybanded, Sep 25, 2014.

1. OldEarnhardtFan

OldEarnhardtFan 10 pointer

Jan 16, 2014
    Northeast of Berea
    One of the last rats to jump ship!

2. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    I disagree. I can't imagine anybody doing a poorer job as AG as Holder. He is, by far, the most partisan person to ever the hold that office, and ignores the law for partisan gain. NOBODY could be a worse appointment.

IMO, if the D's are planning on having Obama name his successor before the elections, I think the Senate democrats (particularly those up for re-election) will strongly urge Obama to name a moderate replacement. If Obama goes out and names another hyper-partisan, controversial crony as the new AG, it will virtually GUARANTEE that the R's crush the D's in the upcoming elections. And the R's WILL hang that albatross around the D's necks by tying that appointment right back to the running D Senator. Call me crazy, but Obama naming another black, civil rights zealot to the AG's office is NOT going to help Alison Grimes get votes here in Kentucky.

If he waits until the elections are over to appoint the replacement and then appoints some crazy pick, Obama runs the risk that the Senate R's will delay the hearings until the new Senators are seated. Let's face it. Every Democrat in Congress is running away from Obama unless they're sitting in a liberal haven like San Francisco or NYC. Frankly, I don't think that Obama has enough rank and file support amongst the D's in Congress to get everyone on board in a short time-span to throw their iron-clad support behind another extreme liberal AG.

3. patiodaddy

patiodaddy 10 pointer

Imagine Holder on the Supreme Court, then think back to F & F, Ferguson Riots, GITMO, picking & choosing what Laws he wants to enforce, wanting to try those at GITMO in Civilian courts and I could go on and on. The man is a Treasonous POS that should be in Jail at the very least. Conservative Americans won't stand for it nor should they. How many times will you let someone punch you in the nose before you decide to do something? I really do not think he will ever sit or even be nominated for the SC, but stranger things have happened in the Land of DC.

4. ddwhitetails

ddwhitetails 10 pointer

Jul 6, 2014
    I agree 100% this is all political to try and Hold the Senate seats come November!!

5. MikeKy

MikeKy 10 pointer

Feb 17, 2008
    I haven't heard the effective date yet but did hear on the news he might stay until the end of October. If that's so how about this scenario; resign effective 10/31, reappointed 11/5. Nothing would surprise me.

6. kymailman98

kymailman98 10 pointer

Dec 20, 2009
    Christian County
    If Eric Holder had been white and Republican, the Democrats and their allies in the press would have had his head a long time ago.

7. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    Holder on the Supreme Court would be the political version of the zombie Apocalypse for our country

8. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    He will get a PARDON from Obama and that could make it almost impossible to go after him.

This is another reason we need a REPUBLICAN majority in the US Senate. Who ever Obama picks to replace him MUST by law be oked by the Senate.

9. Coot_Meurer

Coot_Meurer 10 pointer

Nov 4, 2006
    Not here anymore
    I think Buckfever has a pretty good handle on this.

Judges orders turn over of Fast and Furious docs no later than 10/22/14.
    Holder resigns, Obama begins vetting replacement (I have heard Gov of Mass named as possible).
    Obama names new guy before if he want a moderate OR waits till after elections , but before new senate is seated and a names a radical. Either way, Senate is still D and gives him what he wants.
    If Rs take control of Senate they can do what they want, but Obama can pardon Holder at any time, effectively trumping their hand.
    Ginsburg replacement by Holder is smoke and mirrors. He will take either a comfy academic job teaching Black Law at an Ivy League, or go to work for a Legal Firm in DC and use the dirt he knows on folks to become richer and more powerful.