Hogzilla 2 down!!!

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by XFORCE, Feb 21, 2011.

1. wked

wked 6 pointer

Nov 26, 2008
    West KY
    GOOD GAWD MAN! Thas, I say, thas a PIG! Congrats!! Know you had to be tore up!!! Can't wait to see the you tube. Betcha won't have any trouble gettin rid of that ol sausage either:)

2. Blevins Gap Outdoors

Blevins Gap Outdoors 12 pointer

Nov 9, 2002
    Louisville, KY
    Now that's a pig, congrats to you.

3. DoeMaster

DoeMaster 12 pointer

Feb 7, 2004
    Lexington, Ky, USA.
    Wow!!! very nice! Congrats XFORCE!

4. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Glad you had a great hunt and a rare experience, you'll remember it for the rest of your life! Good luck topping it.
    Congrats!

5. hunternky

hunternky 6 pointer

Jun 9, 2009
    Boone County
  6. Outdoorfan

Outdoorfan 6 pointer

Dec 9, 2008
    Rowan Co.
    Gratz on a monster of a pig! any clue how much he weighed??

7. billproxs

billproxs 12 pointer

Nov 1, 2009
    KENTUCKY LAKE
    WOW, That is one huge Hog.

TN is a great State.

8. Cantmisum

Cantmisum 8 pointer

I can explain it. It's called the fight or flight mechinisum .Your brain was telling your legs to turn and run. Your heart was freeking out because your legs wer'nt doing what your brain was telling them to do.

XFORCE yours must be pretty dam close to that. That's probably the reason why, the running away part would not have worked. You most likely would have tripped and fell over them.:D
    Great hog , thats a once in a life time right there .

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  9. westkybanded

westkybanded 12 pointer

Feb 23, 2004
    Murray, Kentucky, USA.
    Are there any farms closeby that would explain it? Looks more like an escapee gone feral rather than a multi-generational "wild" pig. Heckuva big animal either way! Any tusks to it?

10. Buck_Nasty

Buck_Nasty 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2009
    Laurel County
    Didn't look like two blue dot softballs did they? LOL. Congrats and thanks for sharing the story.

11. billproxs

billproxs 12 pointer

Nov 1, 2009
    KENTUCKY LAKE
    was it taken on a ranch or on a regular private land? And in what part or county of Tennessee?

12. deerdad

deerdad 6 pointer

Jan 17, 2010
    Henderson
    Hog For Days Man! Great Hunt Congrats!

13. skin_dog1

skin_dog1 BBBC Members

Buddy, don't mean to burst your bubble, but if this is the place you were hunting then I doubt that hog was coming and going as he pleases. http://loshbough.com/ Regardless of what they say, you can't grow large supplies of huge hogs like shown on their site without stocking. It's got a fence around it so it ain't fair chase.

14. linemansteve

linemansteve Fawn

Feb 22, 2011
    hate to make this my first post but skin_dog1, I think you where trying to bust his bubble. I thought the video was very good and I didn't see any high fence in the back ground. It's a shame when someone posts a hunt and people have to say things like that. Thats one reason I don't post hunt pics much anymore. Thanks for the tiime. Your friend in the great outdoors. Steve

15. XFORCE

XFORCE 8 pointer

Oct 14, 2009
    Thanks linemansteve for your support!! Hey everyone has their own opinion right? There were absolutely no high fences and there was a woven wire fence surrounding the 500 plus acres of land. It had trees smashed down on it and the bottoms were bent up where the hogs go in and out under it. I'm sure they have brought some hogs in sometime but i seen hogs around the property that were running wild as well. We never came across the property fence even after 4-5 hrs worth of stalking and we did not see many hogs either was starting to think that there was none there. My boss and i stalked all by ourselves the guide in the video just happened to show up to get us because we called him to go to another area. On the way out i seen that boar two ridges away and said lets go get em. Thats how it all happened and i'm not ashamed of something i've always wanted to do.