HK SP5 (20 years waiting for this one)

Discussion in 'Modern Firearms' started by Riflelooney, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Riflelooney

Riflelooney Spike

Aug 7, 2016
    Having watched Carl Wethers in Predator sport 2 MP5s, Did hard (ho ho ho now I have a machine gun), Mike Durants character in black hawk down and practically every video game I ever played growing up; I have wanted an MP5 for as long as I can remember. However the full autos were and will always be out of my price range and the MP5 clones always left a bad taste in my mouth as did the ones HK themselves put out. Finally in 2020 HK released the gun I’ve been waiting for. Dubbed the SP5 it’s as close to the real thing a civilian will ever get.....HK did this one right. Navy tri lug barrel, paddle mag release, etc etc...made on the same line by the same people who are building the actual MP5.... about the only difference I can see is the lack of a select fire trigger pack and the lack of diopter sights....which is getting ready to be added. Will be starting my paperwork to make this one an SBR with the original A2 stock and adding a suppressor.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Very nice. Congrats.

Riflelooney likes this.
  3. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Sweet!! That things going to be a blast!

Riflelooney likes this.
  4. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    But it won't Rock and Roll. Legally.

5. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    Very nice! You'll have to post some more pics once you get the stock and can on it.

Are you going fixed or side fold on the stock? I'd like the a3 retractable stock, but all of it's out of my price range. I can dream though!

6. Riflelooney

Riflelooney Spike

Aug 7, 2016

For me I’m going A2 fixed. I like the A3 however the A2 is my favorite of all.

Ataulbe1 likes this.
  7. Riflelooney

Riflelooney Spike

Aug 7, 2016

Are you referring to full auto fire? As cool as it may seem its pretty useless. Have spent some time on an AC556 and an UZI.... wasn’t too impressed. Might be more controllable in an MP5 type weapon though. I would like to own a select fire MP5 but not because it has full auto capability, but because it IS the real deal.

Semi auto is fine with me.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    FOWLER2671 likes this.
  8. Doug 16

Doug 16 Fawn

Jun 7, 2020
    New york
    Nice looking rig there

Riflelooney likes this.