High rise blind question?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by dug1976, Oct 30, 2013.

1. dug1976

dug1976 6 pointer

May 19, 2005
    richmond, ky
    How long will it take for deer to feel comfortable around a 10 foot high wooden blind. Was planning on putting in middle of a 40 acre food plot. Would it be better on field edge? Primarily going to be used for kids and deer. My brothers youth season is this weekend ( Missouri) Just purchased a nice high rise. He is putting it up Thursday night. Is this going to bother the deer. Would he be better putting up a ground blind and brushing it in. He will be able to see entire field from hi rise. Only parts of the field from ground blind. He asked if I would post this. Thanks

2. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    I doubt they will pay much attention to it. I had a semi and combine doing laps around a bean field the other day. The deer were out hot and heavy. I think he will be fine erecting a stand.

3. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 12 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    Probably won't bother them at all. May possibly want to consider closer to an edge of the field. It can be hard getting into the middle of any field let alone a food plot without seeing deer or getting busted. It may be easier to get in blind on edge of plot or tree line.

4. Well said on the fields edge. if it's much of a plot, yall will likely bust them out going in before daylight. I'm opting out of saturday morning because I know deer will be near my stand at daylight. the cam tells the story. Fields edge with a clean, quiet path to the stand.