Hey, y'all. Try this quiz.

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Manzanita, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Manzanita

Manzanita 12 pointer

Apr 16, 2006
    Telecheck 018
    NY Times quiz will pinpoint where you're from based on your dialect. I took it twice and it placed me right smack in Western Kentucky, with some similarly colored areas in Arkansas, Mississippi, and Georgia.

Bonus: There's a mountain lion question. Some of the questions were different the second time I took the quiz but the "What do you call the large, wild cat native to the Americas" question was on both.

2. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

It put me at Grindstone. Pretty cool quiz!

The mountain lion question.... which animal is to blame for the 3 million deer reduction nationwide.

3. Bobcat63

Bobcat63 6 pointer

Aug 11, 2011
    put me in Michigan, as that is where i grew up. Lived in KY longer than MI. I did not get a question about a mountain lion or any other beast for that matter.

4. TripleGee

TripleGee 12 pointer

Sep 13, 2003
    Somerset
    Wow! Put me right where my dad's side came from and I grew up mostly. In extreme SE KY, VA and TN at Cumberland Gap area. I got folks in Tazewell, TN and in Middlesborough and Pineville, KY. Pretty accurate for me anyway.

5. I took it last week and it is the most accurate type of these dialect tests I've ever taken. I've had tests in the past say I was from Michigan. Man, I sound like such a hick when I speak that hicks tell me I sound like a hick. Anyway, this test had Lexington to Little Rock in dark red for my dialect, with a little Columbus, GA mixed in.

6. Strutter

Strutter Cyber-Hunter

Dec 9, 2001
    USA.
    It keeps telling me my browser is out of date when I click on the link. I updated it and it says the same thing.

7. mrdux

mrdux Guest

It put me in Mississippi and Alabama. I guess I could have fared worse. I know I still don't talk like my friends who are natives of GA.

When I was living in PA, going to taxidermy school, I went into Walmart late one night. The gal who was checking out was all tatted up and very unattractive IMO. As she started ringing up my items, we were talking. She stopped what she was doing, looked straight at me and said "Where the hell are you from?" I asked her if it was that obvious and she said she knew I wasn't from those parts.

8. kentuckyoutdoorsman

kentuckyoutdoorsman 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2011
    shepherdsville
    Mine was Lexington and I've live in Louisville and shepherdsville. So it was pretty close

9. Brutus Hedgeapple

Brutus Hedgeapple 10 pointer

Jul 30, 2002
    South Central Ky.
    It said Louisville, Lexington, Richmond, Va for me. I grew up in northern WV but have been in Ky longer than in WV.
    I'm gonna get my wife to try this tonight.

10. Quickdraw Limpsalot

Quickdraw Limpsalot 12 pointer

Sep 16, 2005
    Larue Co.
    Louisville/Lexington/Little Rock. Kentucky really is dark, bloody ground on my map. Kinda surprised how much of Texas matched up as well.

11. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    It said my browser was out of date and I can't view the quiz. Based on that it concluded I was somewhere in East Kentucky.

12. Quickdraw Limpsalot

Quickdraw Limpsalot 12 pointer

Sep 16, 2005
    Larue Co.
    Sounds reasonable.

13. BIGBADDAD

BIGBADDAD 10 pointer

Dropped me dead center from just west of Chicago where I spent my first 50 years of life. When it started with y'all or you guys....I was toast.

14. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    Me too, along with Chattanooga

15. Louisville, Lexington, Akron Ohio.