Hey, we made it to # 1

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bondhu, Jul 20, 2019.

1. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I think you got me mixed up with Iceman and I’m not a KEA member and I know many other teachers who are not KEA members.

barney likes this.
  2. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    Some good points on both sides of the argument. I’ll just add this fwiw, some folks seem to know everything about everything no matter the subject. Carry on.

rabbit dawg, barney, JDMiller and 2 others like this.
  3. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Doesn’t really matter if you are a member or not. They are in the drivers seat.

300winmag likes this.
  4. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    How? All they’ve done is protest. They never stopped a bill. Don’t have that power. They don’t have anything to do with salary increases, content that is taught, etc... The main reason teachers join the KEA is for legal backing. If they were in the drivers seat then I doubt the most recent pension bill would have passed. What I was saying to 300WinMag above is that I didn’t make the statement in regards to the GOP card I think Ice said that in one of their discussions.

5. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    How many seats did they hold on the commission before governor bevin said no mas? You don’t think they are one of the most powerful organizations in Frankfurt?

6. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I also want to be on record as saying I love xbokilla and hope he receives all promises made to he and his family. You are a good man and we are lucky to have you working your ass off every day to help educate kids. You and I just just have a difference of opinion

barney and 300winmag like this.
  7. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Please enlighten me. I know he appointed Mr. Lewis as commissioner, who is currently working on our teacher shortage you say doesn’t exist.

8. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I appreciate that Ed. And you and everyone else is entitled to your own opinion. I love you too.

I’m not a gay liberal teacher.

rabbit dawg and barney like this.
  9. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I definitely know that mister.

xbokilla likes this.
  10. 00noturkey

00noturkey 10 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    something that is still toxic, and additive. nicotine,, and directed towards the youth.
    start that tax money early.

11. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

All I am saying is lose one source of income (tobacco taxes) They will come up with something to make it up. This time it is vape products what's next when they stop people from vaping. FWIW I don't vape. It may be a ammo tax or a fishing equipment tax. Some politician says way to many people shooting guns or drowning worms so lets tax that.

12. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Not 1. And until Bevin, not one Republican. Now, suddenly all the R’s in the senate and legislature that didn’t do a dang thing to fix it, are all of a sudden on board with Bevin, when they were as guilty as the democrats for not funding the pension system. THAT is the issue I have with anyone saying it’s strictly a Democrat issue, because that’s simply not true.

xbokilla and drakeshooter like this.
  13. Agreed. One thing though, I’d love to hear a ‘crat admit that instead of blaming it all on Republicans. Might as well crap in one hand and want in the other.

It reminds me of debates I used to have on another board with the biggest flaming ‘turd you’ve ever seen, bigger than 0’fer even. I routinely dogged Republicans and could find all kinds of fault in Republican presidents but this clown never once in 8 years said one disparaging word about Dumbo and I called him out one day. I challenged him to say one negative thing about Dumbo and his 8 years. He thought about it for a second, then said it was easy, he wasn’t nearly as progressive as he campaigned to be. Lol.

barney likes this.
  14. Good point. One thing I find hilarious though has to do with some of who “liked” your comment. Pot and kettle much hahaha? Couple long winded lecturers there. Not trying to start a stink, just found it low key funny.

15. 00noturkey

00noturkey 10 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    i understand what ya say. an im not arguing with ya. just in the past 2, or so days, ky, is wanting to add extra taxes to vaping. they wait, till people get hooked, then tax the crap out of them..
    if only they would tax, lobbyist so. no money there for any Gov., official..