Hey, we made it to # 1

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bondhu, Jul 20, 2019.

1. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
  2. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Yeah let’s keep the status quo. Seems to be working just fine :rolleyes:

drakeshooter and ojibwa62 like this.
  3. 300winmag

300winmag 12 pointer

Sep 1, 2009
    Taylorsville
    That doesn't matter to the teachers unions and other public unions involved, they just want their money!

drakeshooter likes this.
  4. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

As was promised when they sign their contracts. Would you not be ticked off if the same thing happen to you ?

Lady Hunter likes this.
  5. BigPete

BigPete 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2007
    Whitesburg, KY
    Sure, but I’d hope I’d be wise enough to be upset with those that actually created the problem, not the man that’s Fully Funding and trying to fix the issue.

But of course facts don’t seem to matter to groups like the KEA......

At this point, I wish the governor would drop the pension funding to the same amount as the Previous Governor and put that extra money into the states road fund

6. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Oh no they wouldn’t. Public pensions are the devil. We’ve beat this horse a million times. When both sides own up to the fact that the crooks, both R and D, on Capital Hill created this mess, we might have a chance to better the situation.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    Brody and barney like this.
  7. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

IIRC you are a teacher...so it would be ok for them to just say sorry on your pension ? After all the years you worked toward it.

8. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    The flat truth is:
    life is like a box of chocolates.

When I was a boy, I sold some baby chicks before I even put the eggs that were "promised to me by a neighbor" in my incubator. I then spent all that money on a Marlin model 60 at Maloney's. Lesson learned.

9. 300winmag

300winmag 12 pointer

Sep 1, 2009
    Taylorsville
    for sure the people that are hired on now get what was promised. The system has to change and you as a taxpayer is supporting that. I would hope your union loving ass would be smart enough to know you're helping to fund it.

10. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I for one don't mind paying in to help fund the pensions even tho none of you did the same for me. Part of the way life is.
    My Union loving ass just smiles when that check hits the bank like clockwork each month and has for the past 18 years sorry you may not be able to see that anytime soon if ever. My pocketbook also thanks the Union for the great health insurance policy I get for life and the life insurance money either the wife or daughters will collect when I die.

11. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    No. Being sarcastic. Just tired of the same discussions. People who aren’t in it, don’t get it, and rely on what they hear, or want to hear. Same old crap. Just go back to our past threads on the issue. I’m sure everyone’s take on the situation is the same. It’s all a big pissin match of politics. All I know is in 23 years I’ve paid into my retirement. I haven’t borrowed from it or anyone else’s. I’d like to hope the other side lives up to their agreement. It’s pretty simple really.

Lady Hunter likes this.
  12. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Did the incubator also crap out?

13. 00noturkey

00noturkey 10 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    the teachers retirement fund, like many others, was stolen by the union or the gov.
    not what is true, but what i think. same as SSA.. the federal gov, took money out of it many times, but never paid it back. the National Debt"", is money the Federal gov uses. the tax payers pay it back. Would you give your young kids an unlimited credit card, knowing ya got to pay it back.
    the National debt, is owed by the tax payer's. the Gov. on the other hand, is the one with the unlimited credit card.. in the end the middle class, if it is left, and the poor, are the ones who pay this off. The rich, no matter what party, dont have to pay this. Wake Up.. ..

xbokilla likes this.
  14. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 10 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    Public pensions should not exist. Pensions are profit sharing plans and Governments do NOT make profits.

15. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Yes but they do exist and were created by the Government, not the people receiving them. So everyone really needs to take a step back and focus on who they want to be upset with. All the people receiving those pensions are paying their share. They didn’t borrow from it multiple times and create this huge deficit. Retirement takes a monster chunk out of my check. If this things going to go South, I’m going to be needing that back so I can decide what to do with it, not them. Maybe the lottery shouldn’t exist? It would have never been voted in when it was if they hadn’t have convinced Ky that public ed was going to be well funded. Now it makes a small contribution toward Ed, mostly higher ed at that. Again, politicians greased everyone up and got away with it. Whether or not the public pension deal is sustainable over time, still, not the fault of the people receiving those pensions. It’s a tough task, Bevin can get frustrated with teachers and vice versa, until the cows come home, but eventually it will have to be fixed in a way that both sides can live with it. It’s just the way it is. It is not the paying of the pension that has put the pension in poor shape, it is the stealing of the pension, from the government that has created the problem. Same with Social Security at the National level. Just steal from it whenever you want, no one will hold you accountable.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    Dark Cloud likes this.