Here we go! Ban on online ammo sales.

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by huntr467, Jul 30, 2012.

1. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    They ought to ban the high prices they charge for ammo on the internet. Its the one thing I can consistently buy cheaper in the stores than I can online. And that's even before shipping.

2. Justsaying

Justsaying 8 pointer

Jun 22, 2012
    NOYB
    If they could keep it on the shelf locally we wouldn't need to buy it on line. ;)

3. new guy

new guy Banned

Jun 30, 2011
    deep in the mountains
    is it really a ban?

It requires anyone selling ammunition to be a licensed dealer.
    It requires ammunition buyers who are not licensed dealers to present photo identification at the time of purchase, effectively banning the online or mail order purchase of ammo by regular civilians.
    It requires licensed ammunition dealers to maintain records of the sale of ammunition.
    It requires licensed ammunition dealers to report the sale of more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition to an unlicensed person within any five consecutive business days.

4. whitleycotrapper

whitleycotrapper 12 pointer

May 20, 2005
    Williamsburg, KY
    I would say yes it is just for this reason.
    It requires ammunition buyers who are not licensed dealers to present photo identification at the time of purchase, effectively banning the online or mail order purchase of ammo by regular civilians.
    Any of us waterfowlers or others who might buy ammunition online like I do from Rodgers sometimes when the price is right could no longer do that. I dont think we should have to buy a license just to buy ammo. I think IL has something to that affect dont they? I would call it a ban when the average Joe could no longer do it. Also do you want someone keeping records of every round of ammo you buy? I would feel it is an invasion of my privacy, and since when does buying a thousand rounds or more of ammo make me a criminal. Its just a bunch of BS to me and should be taken as an insult to any law abiding citizen!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  5. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    Kinda hard to show ID online...........if thats is the case and I can't buy from lucky gunner or the likes, it's a ban.

6. Bill? How did you sign on under New Guy...wait...
    There are a couple places that already require it to make sure the buyer isn't under age. You email or fax them a copy of your id. I don't buy from them.

Any way you want to put it, its more bs from our government trying to take a step towards taking away our guns and ammunition. New Guy...go drink your koolaid now...

7. new guy

new guy Banned

Jun 30, 2011
    deep in the mountains

because i asksed if it was really a ban? let me get this straight. if you show your id, then you can still buy ammo online? and the meaning of BAN is to prohibit, 100 percent... sure its a nuisance but is it a ban if you can still buy it. news flash, they're not taking aways our guns. when they do its on and they know it

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  8. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    What good is a gun if you ain't got ammo...........I don't really care for uncle sucker knowing every stinking aspect of my life. It's this and then that......it never ends, the CO shooter bought 6000 rounds........big frigging deal, uncle sucker just got some free stuff.

If I wanted a million rounds and a thousand ak's and bought them legaly.......who should really give a shat, if that scares the government, good......it was meant to.

9. new guy

new guy Banned

Jun 30, 2011
    deep in the mountains

but you can buy ammo,right? if you show your id..im just trying to figure this out..if you can, its not a ban

10. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Give a little here and a little there and before you know it what do you have???

If YOU support anti-gun views then by all means go for it. If YOU support pro-gun views then this is another roadblock for gun owners.

Not all online business will go into the photo ID part and they WILL just simply quit selling them online which the bills authors are hoping for with this bill.

Of all the places I've ordered online over the years only one has a copy of my ID and there was a different reason for that.

11. new guy

new guy Banned

Jun 30, 2011
    deep in the mountains
    i support gun views since between me and my old man we have over 20 of them. only one i can't buy ammo at a store close by is mosin nag ant..imo, this bill is a joke and just political .take it as you wish

12. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    Don't know............there may be things hidden in the bill in it's current form or amendments attached before vote. Right now , there is no ban..........afterward is the question and until it is brought to and up or down vote it will remain unanswered. Just the thought of such a law is enough.

If these ass-clowns would expend half as much energy focused on fixing the real problems we have, it would be a much better place.........these two clowns and yes they are both in the (d) column, from NY and NJ..............seriously, in all the places I have been to, NJ & NY were the worst I have seen from top to bottom............you wanna really see some air heads, the only reason these people pick their nose is to get the days catch of fly's out of them.

13. new guy

new guy Banned

Jun 30, 2011
    deep in the mountains

agree with that...they need to start with congress and go from there

14. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    You're right, its technically not a ban. But with the restrictions in place, its effectively a ban. How are you going to show me your ID online? How do I know the one you sent me is you and not some neighbor down the street?

I think this is where the new war on guns is going to be fought. I think they'll quit going after guns and start going after ammo. I think we're going to start seeing calls for taxes and other restrictions on ammo.