Meatstick

12 pointer
Oct 25, 2013
Washington County

NOCAMST

8 pointer
Oct 9, 2017
Central ky
It's brought on ANOTHER local cement shortage. No cement from Nashville to Cincinnati at the moment, to speak of
I was supposed to have a 30x50 pad poured for my shop next Friday and my concrete guy called today and told me that Imi had cut back to 3 days and was only allowing one load per person a day. How long do you think this will last??

Meatstick

12 pointer
Oct 25, 2013
Washington County
I was supposed to have a 30x50 pad poured for my shop next Friday and my concrete guy called today and told me that Imi had cut back to 3 days and was only allowing one load per person a day. How long do you think this will last??
Last shortage lasted about 3 months, and the river wasn't low then

B.M. Barrelcooker

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2006
Aintry,Ky
Di
fixed it for ya
did You say Halloween ducks ?

66975D0B-51D9-4B33-A495-9EF6079A7E54.png

Brsutton86

12 pointer
Sep 19, 2009
Harrodsburg, KY
Pumping water out of the creek to at least fill the little bowl around the blind up this week. Got birds flying around and no water. Owner of this farm is a Vietnam vet with 3 purple hearts and 2 bronze medal of honors. Pretty cool side note, he was the quarterback for Yale. After graduating he volunteered for nam. One cool feller for sure. Hes been good to me working here. He was already gone south last year before the opener but he'll be here this year. Do my best to have some birds for the veteran hunt and opening day for him.

bigpuddin43

12 pointer
Feb 21, 2007
bucktown
Pumping water out of the creek to at least fill the little bowl around the blind up this week. Got birds flying around and no water. Owner of this farm is a Vietnam vet with 3 purple hearts and 2 bronze medal of honors. Pretty cool side note, he was the quarterback for Yale. After graduating he volunteered for nam. One cool feller for sure. Hes been good to me working here. He was already gone south last year before the opener but he'll be here this year. Do my best to have some birds for the veteran hunt and opening day for him.
I have one spot I can pump but gonna take a lot of water from an already low pond to do much good. hopefully this dry spell ends soon.

bird whisperer

12 pointer
Aug 16, 2012
Hog Town USA
I crossed the river 4 times in the last 10 days, I was amazed how much sand and gravel there was showing. All of our spots are brushed, prepped, boarded and trails and holes are cleared. What little water we do have had birds. I was a bit surprised how many Specks are already around the farm. I will not ask for another hurricane but 3 to 5 tropical depressions would go a long way. The dust in the farm roads was ankle deep when you stepped out of the truck.

bmason

8 pointer
Mar 31, 2006
Anyone else looking into hunting neighboring states that open in October or early November? Need to scratch that itch.

Latest posts