Herald-Leader article on KDFWR

bowcrazy3

10 pointer
Aug 21, 2009
I have never been anything but complimentary of CO's.
Why you would equate some of us having problems with the commision as having problems with CO's is beyond me. QUOTE]

Because some commissioners who have been under the spotlight for corruption have been very adept at spinning the story as the whole department is "under attack." Unfortunately this has worked with some, but by and large if you talk with rank and file department employees individually and privately they will tell you they appreciate efforts to clean up the mess.

Davidlondon4

12 pointer
Dec 2, 2004
Laurel County
Do we ever do anything right in some of your guys eyes?

I will have to say I have the utmost respect for the COs I have come in contact with.The CO's have a hard difficult job.The only complaint I have is there is not enough of them to go around.One officer in some of our counties isnt enough.I think there is actually less than one CO per county statewide presently if I got correct information.I also understand budget problems may be the main reason why it is like this. They have always been helpful and showed up when I needed one.I feel the same way about the biologist I have dealt with.I have dealt with 3 or 4 different ones over the years and always found them willing to help and relay information to me.They have always been pleasant to talk to and very professional.I do have some problems with some of the decisions being made by these commission members cause I dont think they are making the best decisions for the deer herd presently in some areas of the state.I feel there should be more effort made to curtail the poaching going on instead of making it easier for people to get by with it by extending the season in some areas. I have to also say if a lot of the allegations that have been made over the years of things going on within the department are true then there are people within the department and on the commission that need to be let go.I am not up on things or close enough to the situations to know what is true and what isnt.My verdict on that is still out.
I hate to see the legislature get involved in F and W issues cause that is a group I also hold in very low regard.There may be a few good ones out there but as a whole they are a pretty worthless self serving bunch that cant pass a budget in time and typically you only hear from them before election time.They certainly dont need access to monies from F and W.I have personally sent emails to both my local legislative reps months ago concerning issues that effect me and thousands of other retired or present state employees across this state and I havent heard the first word back from them.I have had contact with several different ones in a professional capacity from several different legislative districts over the years and let me tell you there are some real pieces of work out there.

FOWLER2671

12 pointer
Sep 11, 2009
Evicted from Aintry'
I was at the Heath waterfowl meeting in 05 and we had 10-15 or so COs in attendance.

As for corruption problems; I can personally say I witnessed them at Boatwright in January of 05 when an area was taken out of the public duck draw for the benefit of a couple guys from Frankfurt. They took the area I was hunting and limiting out on mallards at every day. Thats the down side of filling those report cards out at the end of the day. Do good and report it and they take the spot out of the draw and give it to azzholes that dont' even show up for the draw.

Kennedy was the Commish then but I'm fairly confident that things like that still happen.

Banock

Spike
Feb 22, 2010
I was at the Heath waterfowl meeting in 05 and we had 10-15 or so COs in attendance.

As for corruption problems; I can personally say I witnessed them at Boatwright in January of 05 when an area was taken out of the public duck draw for the benefit of a couple guys from Frankfurt. They took the area I was hunting and limiting out on mallards at every day. Thats the down side of filling those report cards out at the end of the day. Do good and report it and they take the spot out of the draw and give it to azzholes that dont' even show up for the draw.

Kennedy was the Commish then but I'm fairly confident that things like that still happen.

Not to change the subject but Kennedy was the Commish of what?

daking

12 pointer
Dec 29, 2004
Before this becomes another whizzing and moaning contest, please, please, please read my latest post under Strader Lawsuit in the Community forum.

RT Alison

6 pointer
Jul 23, 2012
shelbyville
If they want to audit something significant they should take a peek into the happenings and financial abuses within the Office of the State Budget Director. An audit there would make heads roll.