help with hunting license

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by mark ford, Dec 28, 2019.

1. mark ford

mark ford Fawn

Dec 18, 2019
    berea
    Ok..I'm new to Kentucky and I live right next to WMA land in Berea. I like going hiking out in the wilderness and while i'm not really a big time hunter I like to be armed while hiking around. If i get a coyote tag i can then be armed and show i have a license to hunt coyotes year round..right?..I went to the FW.KY.GOV website and filled out the stuff. When it came to the licenses/permit screen i'm confused..which should i choose? btw..i'm 60 and am on social security..thanks

2. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 10 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    All you need license wise to shoot a coyote is a general hunting license as long as its not deer modern firearm season. Keep in mind the license must be replaced in the spring.

3. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    I don't think you have to have a hunting license to shoot a coyote. Just get the general hunting license if you want one.

4. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 12 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    It is overwhelmed with yotes be careful,. Does your property join the wma. Pm me

5. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 12 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    Don't think you can hunt there with a rifle. Check your regulation. Think it's shotgun only

6. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Better be safe an get a general hunting license

7. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    How long u been here? Qualify for residencey?

8. mark ford

mark ford Fawn

Dec 18, 2019
    berea
    i have lived in kentucky since may,i don't know if thats long enough

9. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Pretty sure it is long enough but I'd confirm with the regs. Also, i believe the license expires the end of Feb. So you'd be buying a new one in two months.

10. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    You need to go kdfw check disability license, I think you have to send a certain form , proving disability to kdfw ,then you get a disability card. Then you can get the disability license (12.00) that covers all hunting, but it runs out feb. I think