help with Hawk ID

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by ojibwa62, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

In my case it was a duck and cover situation....:D I think I moved at the last second and cause the Owl to know it didn't see what it thought it did.

2. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    I've had Barred owls buzz me twice wearing a rabbit fur Mad Bomber had, and a small coopers hawk came straight at me this year. Hawk got about 10 yards away when I waved my hands.

ojibwa62 likes this.
  3. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 10 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    Gotta change subject. I had an old timer tell me that he ate the hell out of chicken hawks and they were delicious. He raised small banny chickens and took care of the problem when they would start hanging around his coops. I wonder what Kentucky fried hawk taste like?

EdLongshanks likes this.
  4. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Like Chicken I have been told....:eek: Or as one old guy was ask what a screech owl taste like when he got caught killing one and said he ate everything he killed and when ask that question he said somewhere between a Bald Eagle and a Falcon..:D

5. Meatstick

Meatstick 10 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Had a little hawk a few years ago staring me down while I was bass fishing. He made a swipe at my topwater lure on a cast and missed. Out of dumbass curiosity, when I reeled the lure up, I held the rod as high over my head as I could and twitched the lure around (big Zara spook). That damhawk piledrived that lure from 20 yards off and all hell broke lose in the boat! He wanted that spook and my whole rod and reel attached but I wasn't having it! Not sure which of us were more pissed off. We wrestled around and got the hooks out of it without losing any limbs, and thankfully he relocated after that

6. INKYHUNTER

INKYHUNTER Cyber-Hunter

Dec 10, 2001
    Bowling Green, KY, USA.
    I was in a deer stand one morning and a Redtail Hawk made a pass at me. I was looking the opposite direction and he missed by a foot. Glad he decided I wasn’t his breakfast Sure created a breeze.