Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'Welcome to KentuckyHunting.net!' started by Wolverinebuckman, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Hello, my name is Chris. I moved my family here from Michigan last summer. This will be my second year hunting Kentucky. We bought 25 acres that butts up to DBNF. Last year I solely hunted our property, but did some off season scouting in the DB and plan to expand this year. I hunt out of a saddle, and have been solely a bow hunter up to this point. Looking forward to an education from the 'locals' on here, as these hills are a world of difference from the farm plots and marshes that I used to hunt on the shores of Lake Erie. Thanks for having me!

Oh, and I know you Wildcat fans say Go Big Blue down here, but I'm a Wolverine thru and thru...And we say GO BLUE!!!

carnivore and JR PORTER like this.
  2. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    Welcome! Can always use a fellow Michigan fan around here! I think they ran the last few off...:D

Wolverinebuckman likes this.
  3. Well, if it's any consolation tho the group, I was getting into Kentucky basketball this season before the 'Rona' shut it all down (too bad, I think they could have made a serious run). But when it comes to football...forget about it. I bleed maize and blue!
    Thanks for the welcome!

4. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    thought it was maize, blue and khaki? if you're not an uber-sensitive wolverine you'll be fine.
    welcome.

5. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Welcome to the zoo.

6. Haha! Can't be too sensitive...My wife's whole family are Suckeye fans. So you can imagine holidays the last couple of decades!
    (Partly why I moved to Kentucky;))

Thanks for the welcome!

7. Thank you!

8. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    Welcome. Have you ever fished for salmon in MI?

9. No, never salmon. I used to like to chase bass in the rivers in my kayak, and if I could ever find somebody with a boat, perch fishing out on Lake Erie could be quite awesome! I've also done quite a bit of ice fishing for Bluegill.
    Thanks for the welcome!

10. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Western Kentucky
    I am going ti the Betsie River to salmon fish in September. I have never fished for salmon either.. Looking forward to this trip. :D
    https://www.betsieriver.com/

bondhu likes this.
  11. Have fun! That is an absolutely gorgeous part of the state. I might recommend you check out the Sleeping Bear Dunes just to the north, one of my favorite places in Michigan by far... Especially if you can catch a sunset going down over Lake Michigan.

Carl and carnivore like this.
  12. hoene

hoene 8 pointer

May 8, 2012
    Northern Ky
    Welcome to Kentucky.

13. Thank you! We love it... what a beautiful state, and such friendly people!

14. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Glad you escaped before the Apocalypse.
    That Gubenor is a real winner..

barney and Ataulbe1 like this.
  15. JR PORTER

JR PORTER 10 pointer

May 1, 2014
    KNOTT CO. KY
    I lived in Michigan for a few years and my youngest son was born in Ypsilanti, drove a tractor trailer for 5 years out of Detroit and always pull for the maze and blue except when they play Ky. Welcome to the BBN! Oh yeah, saw Bo Schembechler in Ann Arbor at Meijers once he was driving a blue Jeep Cherokee with a maize pinstripe.I thought he was a great coach.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    Wolverinebuckman likes this.