Heifer

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
What does its poop look like? If it was in bad body condition when you got it even with good feed it’s gonna take a LONG time to “fattin up” Most time Holstein calves are sickly anyhow and don’t have a good immune system. I would worm every month and get back with us in a year. Probably not your case but I might get it checked down the road for Johnes

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
You were doing something(s) incorrectly, then. Had plenty of Angus with no issues at all, playing around them all the time when extraordinarily small through to adulthood. Gentle giants in my opinion.
I say Bull.
Changing of your bull will change the calves to mean or to be gentle.
Been there and done that . I had some of the meanest calves after changing my bull. Trying to work them or separate them in my feed barn, those calves would flat out chase you down. Me and my son had to take a corral panel and hold it , staying behind the panel to move the calves to where we wanted them in the barn.
Changed my Bull and solved that problem.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
I say Bull.
Been there and done that . I had some of the meanest calves after changing my bull. Trying to work them or separate them in my feed barn, those calves would flat out chase you down. Me and my son had to take a corral panel and hold it , staying behind the panel to move the calves to where we wanted them in the barn.

Maybe they simply are not mean to sweet, little girls. Ha!

I would sit in the fields watching them calf time and time again. Those calves would eventually come up to me before not too long in time, lick my forehead..

I hear turkeys gobbling this morning, rooster doing his thing right now, as well.

FF/EMT516

8 pointer
Nov 22, 2020
Blackrock, Ky
What does its poop look like? If it was in bad body condition when you got it even with good feed it’s gonna take a LONG time to “fattin up” Most time Holstein calves are sickly anyhow and don’t have a good immune system. I would worm every month and get back with us in a year. Probably not your case but I might get it checked down the road for Johnes
It’s fairly solid like they have when feeding hay, because she has more hay than grass because she’s in a small lot. She looked healthy when I got her other than looking wormy with the thick hair.

CalebConn16

6 pointer
May 27, 2016
I say Bull.
Most of these were just sale bought ones that looked good in the pen and got mean as hell at home. Always said they drugged em. Had one that we brought back would rock the trailer kicking and butting. Put it in a stall and it broke doors. Eventually screwed boards across doors and finished him out in the stall. Toughest one angus I’ve ever ate lol. Too mean to eat

FF/EMT516

8 pointer
Nov 22, 2020
Blackrock, Ky
Just took this

Attachments

• 2C807024-B420-405B-925D-7429AF0F6A80.jpeg
    2C807024-B420-405B-925D-7429AF0F6A80.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 48

Feedman

Cyber-Hunter
May 28, 2003
In the basement
You were doing something(s) incorrectly, then. Had plenty of Angus with no issues at all, playing around them all the time when extraordinarily small through to adulthood. Gentle giants in my opinion.
No some are mean as hell. We had one that turned into a devil. We finally got him loaded and sold every calf out of him.