Heater body suit

DaveO

6 pointer
Dec 30, 2017
Indianapolis
Use my HBS maybe 8-10 times a year. Takes a little getting used too( especially out of a tree stand) but works very well. I live in Indiana but have a farm in northern KY. Haven’t had to use it in KY but only a couple times in January. One of the benefits is not having to wear much clothing underneath. You can get to your stand fairly comfortable without sweating then jump into the suite and be comfortable all day.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
I about froze to death in a tree one day, wind and sleet came in fast, the next day I wore my Chest waders in the deer stand. Sweated in and stayed Toasty. Just hard to relieve yourself.

I know a fellow that used an electric jacket and socks.what happens when your relying on that and get a short or battery dies?

I have two Jon-E pocket heaters that I carry if it’s bad.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
I’ve thought about buying one for my old man. He’s 80 and likes hunting late season when it’s cold more than any other time. They are expensive but sometimes on eBay you can find good deals on gently used

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
Who has used these in cold weather for archery hunting? Your thoughts and opinions appreciated
They're great. Have had em for 10-15 yrs. Takes a little practice getting in one in the stand. The smaller the stand, the greater the pucker factor. They roll up with included straps and can be worn like backpack to and from.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHL

predator1

12 pointer
Dec 25, 2008
Glasgow,Ky
IWOM for the win! Cause you don't have to get out of it to shoot! It has arms unlike the HBS.

It really is a great product. I’ve sat in temps as low as 9° without issue. All I had on underneath was jeans, and hoodie. The rest of me was completely covered, even your feet, by the IWOM. You have full range of mobility.

Rat

8 pointer
Oct 9, 2006
USA
Sleeping Bag?
I’ve done that sitting in a ground blind. If you are standing you would need straps or something to hold it up. Also, the canvas style are more quiet than a lot of the extreme sleeping bags.

Latest posts