Heads up! Problems with new Core Lokt ammo... 13 out of 60 rounds had cracked necks.

Discussion in 'Modern Firearms' started by Lady Hunter, Jun 1, 2021.

1. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    Being split before firing, could potentially be dangerous. Doesn’t necessarily mean the gun will explode. Depends on how far down it’s cracked. The brass is what contains the pressure during firing and forces all the gas and pressure down the barrel. It expands in the chamber and seals it. If split far enough back it would not seal off and allow those gases and pressure back towards the shooter.

2. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    If it’s split down far enough like stated above, during expansion it can continue splitting and damage the rifle and shooter. I’d be interested in what Remington does with this. Keep us informed.

RLWEBB and predator1 like this.
  3. 257Wmag

257Wmag 6 pointer

Oct 7, 2015
    NC
    Wonder if this is a sourcing issue, probably getting brass from China like everything else. Not sure on the safety of it, i sure wouldn’t shoot them if I noticed it, sure it won’t help accuracy. Pressure has to be different and potentially very dangerous. Looks like the ammo is about as high quality as the rifles big green had been producing.

4. Tom Threetoes

Tom Threetoes 10 pointer

Oct 4, 2002
    southern Indiana.
    Core lock has been
    the recommended ammo for my old Marlins and my Remington 141, the quality has been slipping for some time now and I won't use them. The latest complaint now is excessive head space due to too much shoulder set back. I have a few bullets left for reloading when they're gone I'll have to switch to a different bullet.

RLWEBB likes this.