Heading to LBL

reidlandbucks

6 pointer
Oct 21, 2011
McCracken County
Pulled an all dayer today in the rain and cold wind but still seen some activity. Of course it's widespread in lbl but they ARE IN RUT. Area 2 is where I was and I seen several trucks on area 1.

JDMiller

12 pointer
Jun 12, 2005
" Between the Rivers "
Hunted Monday afternoon at LBL.... windy but the deer were moving. Never saw a vehicle parked indicating they were hunting ... at least where I was and entering the Trace off hwy 80.

Which had good intentions to be back there this morning. But when the alarm went off ... just rolled over & went back to sleep. Then as normal when I did get up...I regretted I didn't drag my butt out of bed and go.

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wademup

12 pointer
Feb 5, 2004
benton, ky, USA.
Pulled an all dayer today in the rain and cold wind but still seen some activity. Of course it's widespread in lbl but they ARE IN RUT. Area 2 is where I was and I seen several trucks on area 1.

One of them was me in area 1, I missed a great 8 point Saturday and haven't seen a deer since. Hoping this cold snap will fire up some movement. I'm still not seeing many rubs but have seen some chasing

wademup

12 pointer
Feb 5, 2004
benton, ky, USA.
With all my physical problems I may have to track some of y'all down if i actually kill something :) I gave up over there because my bad leg can't hardly take them hills, then tore my shoulder up too. I will probably offer cash for help !!

JDMiller

12 pointer
Jun 12, 2005
" Between the Rivers "
You have to have your resident or non- resident license & deer permit for Ky and you will need a LBL Hunter Use permit. That's it.

There's no special bonus buck permit to buy. Which this only applies to LBL or other WMA that has the same rules. It just boils down to your only allowed one buck statewide in Ky but you can kill another buck in LBL and it doesn't count toward the statewide bag limit.

The LBL Hunter use permit is $25... For residents and non-residents alike. Im not 100% but I'm thinking NR license and deer permit is like $260 this season.

Last edited:

adam tyler

6 pointer
Nov 18, 2010
Cumberland Co.
Sorry I was unclear when I asked my question. I know there is no special tag I was meaning can out of state get the $20 user permit. That's what I was wanting to know. Sorry about that!

JDMiller

12 pointer
Jun 12, 2005
" Between the Rivers "
Sorry I was unclear when I asked my question. I know there is no special tag I was meaning can out of state get the $20 user permit. That's what I was wanting to know. Sorry about that!

I was editing my post when you replied and was adding that info.

The LBL Hunter use permit is $25 and residents or nonresidents can purchase.

Latest posts