Having issues printing a harvest log.

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by WildmanWilson, Apr 8, 2014.

1. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    I buy my license online but when it prints the harvest log it has mostly "x" in place of the letters. Anyone know how to fix this or having the same issue?

2. ril7572

ril7572 Cyber-Hunter

Jul 9, 2003
    Ky..
    I use the back of the licence for a harvest log.

3. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    For some reason it just will not work on my PC. I was able to print it from my IPhone. I'm good to go. Must have something to do with reading the PDF file.

4. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    Your log can be hand written if necessary, just has to be in your possession.

5. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Sounds like your printer driver may not be correct on your pc. Try updating it or finding a universal driver.

6. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    I'll email you a printable copy... Pm me an email address if you haven't already fixed it

7. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    Thanks but I got it. I was able to pull it up on my IPhone and send it to my wireless printer. From the PC it wouldn't print on either printer. One printer had Xs and the other had squares. Worked fine from my phone...

8. kwildlife

kwildlife 6 pointer

Sep 12, 2008
    In the Bluegrass
    I always stop by walmart or wherever is close that sells license and have them run off a good piece of the license paper. It has the log on the back the front will be blank. I laminate my license that I get online so it stays intact.
    For future reference.

9. mrdux

mrdux Guest

I had the exact same issue this year on the same PC and printer that I've never had issue with before. I thought it was just me being all thumbs.