having a bad day!

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by Giveem3outdoors, Sep 1, 2013.

1. blade1

blade1 Spike

Oct 30, 2012
    KY
    Im gonna ask for them to replace the bow. Basically one of there own worked on it and then it blew up on him. Bowtech would consider it a dry fire if I had of done that so now that the shoe is on the other foot im gonna consider it a dry fire just as they would. He was at full draw when the string broke. Why would the string break at full draw when there is very little tension on the string? If they don't replace the bow im gonna take them to small claims court. I felt bad for the tech. It eat him up. He had a huge stripe all the way up his forearm. He said his hand and forearm was numb from it all. Glad it wasn't me.

2. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    Sounds like the string got cut when it was derailed before you took it to them.

3. nutcase

nutcase 8 pointer

Sep 27, 2004
    Murray, Ky
    Really????? You're dumb enough to admit on a public forum that YOU rerailed your bow, took it to a mass market bow shop with untrained techs who didn't check the string out, and then threaten to take bowtech to small claims court?

None of this would have happened if you didn't screw up your own bow, while some issues on here may have some truth to them, I don't know, haven't seen the bows, you laid out the scenario I've seen a thousand times, you pulled it back and torqued the grip when you tried to let it down and rerailed it. man up

4. blade1

blade1 Spike

Oct 30, 2012
    KY
    The bow had issues to start with. Did u not read that that the cable came out of the slide like the 20th arrow I shot threw the bow? The night before i tried to draw on a deer and the bow locked up at half draw and wouldn't bug. After noticeing my fletching where gone on my arrows and noticeing that the string wasn't on the cams exactly the same from top to bottom did i attempt to draw the bow to further investgate my string routeing. Im sure im sure i was killing deer with a bow when u was still crapping in your pants so don't tell me i need to man up. Sounds like u need to grow up. I did not torque the bow. my form is perfect in everyway buddy and im not some dumbass who doesn't no how to handle a bow. It is because of no it alls like you that cause the rest of us that have legit problems to get the bow companies to back there warranties. If you will do a little research and educate yourself a little bit before blowing your mouth off u will find that the internet is full of people who have had the same issues. Further more i don't think there is anybody anywhere close to the Louisville area that is anymore qualified than Scott king at kings archery in louisville. Scott checked the bow and paper tuned the bow after the fact and assured me it was fine. I have bought several bows from him over the years and i trust his judgement. I don't have anything TO HIDE. I GUARANTEE TO YOU IT WASNT USER ERA PAL! have shot bowtech for the past 7 years and matthews prior to that and pse before that and bear whitetail 2 before that so don't be telling me about shooting bows my friend. My suggestion to you is to shut that big hole in your head before you hurt yourself.

5. blade1

blade1 Spike

Oct 30, 2012
    KY
    The only reason i went to cabelas was because scott is closed on Monday. Im leaving on a hunting trip this Friday and my 50 and 60 yard pin still needed to be lined up and iwas running out of time. My string on my drop rest res had rotated on the cable and needed to be redone because it was catching the fletching from time to time and starting to tare my fletchings up. I needed to get it fixed. That's is the only time cabelas ever touched the bow. Not all of there techs are flunkies. They do have a few good techs that do a pretty good job. The guy that fixed the string was one of those guys.

6. quackrstackr

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    Did you tell him that it had derailed already? The bow needed to be pressed to check the string and cables after that.

7. blade1

blade1 Spike

Oct 30, 2012
    KY
    In all my years of shooting compounds i have never once dry fired or derailed a bow or even had a string break on me. In a matter of a week i had a derailment and a string break on a brand new bow. Don't take alot to figure that one out.

8. blade1

blade1 Spike

Oct 30, 2012
    KY
    yes i was very up front with scott and that is why he went to the trouble of papertuning it for me to make sure that everything was as it should be.

9. blade1

blade1 Spike

Oct 30, 2012
    KY
    I love the bow guys but there are way to many people that are experienced that have had the same problems. Im sure some of it is user era but not every case. I don't want to give the bow up. It is exactly what i want but there is something not right with it. I was told today by a bowtech rep that if the cables on that bow are crossed the wrong way that it will derail. Im wondering if when they transferred everything to that bow if They didn't get the cables crossed the wrong way and maybe that is why the cable came out of the slide and caused it to derail.

10. quackrstackr

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
  11. blade1

blade1 Spike

Oct 30, 2012
    KY
    Here i am my vacation starts Friday and don't have a bow to use. Got a nice buck pegged and was going Friday morning to try and take him out. Im off til the 6th. I sold old faithful before i left the store the day i bought the the new bow. Im screwed. I will never change bows during season again. I thought that it wouldn't be a problem being that iwas going back with another bowtech bow that basiacllay felt like my old bow in hand. i dint have any issues there but none the less the issues surfaced. I have left numerous messages with bowtech the last 2 days with no response from them. The girl that answers the phone says they are all on the line and you have to leave a message. don't think they care about your vacation being interrupted. They got there money. Guess they don't have to be in any hurry.

12. quackrstackr

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    You'll probably have a lot more luck if you go through a dealer contacting them. Maybe they'll have a used loaner they'll let you use while your bow is down.

13. blade1

blade1 Spike

Oct 30, 2012
    KY
    Cabelas has been trying to contact them as well as me and they aren't having any luck contacting them either. The guy got threw the night it happened and hadn't been able to reach them since. Scot want help me on this one because he said it was cabelas problem. Said they are a dealer and they would have to deal with it.

14. nutcase

nutcase 8 pointer

Sep 27, 2004
    Murray, Ky
    The binary system can only be strung one way for the bow to work. If the inner system (small servings) are wrong the bow will not draw or the cams will be visibly out of sync. The cables can be crossed wrong but the system will still shoot.

If you bought the bow a cabelas, that was your first mistake. buying a bow at a box store trying to save a dollar will cost you every time. You may pay a few dollars at a bow shop but the knowledge and customer service will pay for the difference quickly.

If you bought it at cabelas I don't blame kings for sending you back. If you bought it at kings and had cabelas work on it, i still don't blame him for sending you back. I deal with it all the time, all bow shops are not created equal.

Here is whats really funny, I can contact bowtech this morning and have parts here by friday, but that is for my customers. If you get through to them, they will tell you to go to your local dealer. and if I was your local dealer I would grab one off the shelf for you to shoot next week (lets see cabelas do that)

I don't get on here and post often, so when I do, just accept that I know what I'm talking about. I don't care how old you are, I have dealt with more bows and setups in the last week than you will probably will in your life. I have people drive for hours to have me tune and work on their bows because I know what I'm doing.

Well I have to take care of customers, enjoy your week off

15. blade1

blade1 Spike

Oct 30, 2012
    KY
    Scott had my string for my rest pointing out towards my bow arm. Don't ask me why. He is generally on top of it. The string was hitting my fletchings. He is closed on Mondays and I only have so much time to spare to get things together before Friday. I shouldn't have had to worry about it in the first place. I bought the bow from kings. You would already know this if you had taken the time to READ my posts instead of jumping to conclusions. My life doesn't revolve around a bow shops hour. I should have had it set up right after I bought it but of course it derailed for whatever reason and I had to take it back to kings. I got home with it after that and shot it in the back yard and hard a rattle after the shot and called kings to see what the problem was and come to find out the screws where about to fall out of one of the modules. they never got tightened back up. I was also told that it was paper tuned and was shooting bullet holes when I left kings and we shot it thru paper before they worked on it at cabelas and it was tearing about an inch and a half low right. Definitely not bullet holes. Im thinking kings didn't get the bow setup right in the first place and that is why it derailed. I shot a bowtech tomcat for 7 years. It had the binary cam system. I never had a minutes trouble with it and im wishing now I had kept it. Im not sure on the string routing and the setup on the assassin so I was at there mercy but I can tell u this Itdid not look the same from the top to bottom. I pulled the bow back and got my girlfriend to look at it and see if she could see if something was different. She was no help. I started easing the bow down and it blew up. and I said eased it down. it didn't hurt anything from what I could tell and kings said the same. He was extremely busy the day he set the bow up and I think he screwed up. As for the string breaking at full draw that is not right. there is very little tension on the string at full draw. Explain that one nutcase. He had held it full draw for a few seconds before it broke.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013