Have you used your carry pistol?

Discussion in 'Modern Firearms' started by BigBlueHelim, Feb 8, 2016.

1. BigBlueHelim

BigBlueHelim Fawn

Apr 9, 2012
    Just curious if anyone has actually had to use their carry pistol for protection or to scare off an intruder? Hoping to never have to use mine but it's always there just in case.

2. WILD

WILD 12 pointer

Sep 7, 2009
    hick town,ky
    Nope,but there has been times that I didn't carry one,and needed one and would have pulled it out.

3. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    Do you think you would have pulled it, or do you think that if you had it, the whole situation would've went different from a sooner point in the situation such that when it got to the point where you thought you would've pulled it, it no longer would've been necessary?

4. WILD

WILD 12 pointer

Sep 7, 2009
    hick town,ky
    Yea,definitely would of pulled it.it was a bad situation the whole way around.i was lucky to get away.and things would of been different as what impact it would of had on my life also.just glad to be here now.

5. WILD

WILD 12 pointer

Sep 7, 2009
    hick town,ky
    It's a long and crazy story.but the more I think about it..I sure would of pulled it and used it,as I was looking down the other end of a barrel on crutches with a bad knee injury and my wife was pregnant and with me and freaking out...and we were way out in the country.even if I wouldn't been on crutches it would of been alot different.i had to suck up my pride on that one..pretty crazy.

6. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 10 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    Before I got my license was in Tn one time on a weekend vaca with the family and ran into a situation I probably could have not been in but did. Guy was beating the heck out of some little girl, later learned it was his girlfriend. Needless to say when I looked down at my little girl, she was 10 then, I knew I had to react. As I am running another guy meets me and runs with me to intervene. We get there and he stops. Anyway, as it escalates, this guy jumps in his car and throws it in reverse and whips around as if he is gonna run us over. Guy with me pulls a piece and is drawn down tight on the guy. Thankfully cops showed up and it didn't go any further. Did end up subpoenaed to court in Tn over it though. For all u dads out there, I just imagined it was my little girl and hope that if that ever happens to her someone will have the fortitude to help her out!!!!! Now I have my Kahr with me everywhere I go!!!!!!

7. sheperd

sheperd 10 pointer

Nov 4, 2003
    Bardstown, Ky
    Never have had to, hope I never do. A friend went to the grocery last summer for a quick trip. Left his piece in the truck. Got beaten with a pair of brass knuckles and robbed on his way out. Shattered eye socket and nose. I think he sleeps with his on his hip now.

8. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    Here is a question . I believe that may fit in here .
    Say if I was taking a trip to another part of KY , and I don't have a carry license . Is it possible to take a pistol with me on that trip ?
    Lock box , Glove box, on dash in open , How could I take one with me ?
    I have no speeding ticket , no problems with the law at all .

Mostly want it for when we are at a hotel and hoping to sleep with out getting a pill head breaking in , etc .

9. WILD

WILD 12 pointer

Sep 7, 2009
    hick town,ky
    Your fine with that,there is a new law for concealed in ky now .check it out.side door,console,glove compartment.also loaded and chamber from what i understand.you might want to check in on it,but it's not as tight as it used to be for ky.has gotten easier than what it used to be.

10. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    KRS527.020 Carrying concealed deadly weapon.
    http://www.lrc.ky.gov/Statutes/statute.aspx?id=43448

(8) A loaded or unloaded firearm or other deadly weapon shall not be deemed
    concealed on or about the person if it is located in any enclosed container,
    compartment, or storage space installed as original equipment in a motor vehicle by
    its manufacturer, including but not limited to a glove compartment, center console,
    or seat pocket, regardless of whether said enclosed container, storage space, or
    compartment is locked, unlocked, or does not have a locking mechanism. No person
    or organization, public or private, shall prohibit a person from keeping a loaded or
    unloaded firearm or ammunition, or both, or other deadly weapon in a vehicle in
    accordance with the provisions of this subsection. Any attempt by a person or
    organization, public or private, to violate the provisions of this subsection may be
    the subject of an action for appropriate relief or for damages in a Circuit Court or
    District Court of competent jurisdiction. This subsection shall not apply to any
    person prohibited from possessing a firearm pursuant to KRS 527.040.

11. Teach Deer

Teach Deer 8 pointer

Aug 4, 2013
    Georgetown
    Only once...hopefully never need it again...

I had just stepped outside the house I was renting on a farm to go to town to pick up formula for my two week old baby... A neighbor, who was pissed at the landlord for posting her farm after his son had been caught trespassing, pulled into my drive and blocked it with his truck... He was belligerent from the start, cussing and looking for a fight. I was standing behind the front left side of my Jeep. I told him politely I would be happy to take down his name and pass it on to the landlord but he would have to make his complaint to her or her son (who is a very large man). Instead, he announced that he was going to whip my a** and proceeded to pull a baseball bat from his truck and began advancing on me.

I stepped just far enough away from the Jeep for him to see the Colt Commander 45 on my belt and repeated my offer to take down his name and pass it own but firmly added that it was time for him to leave and not return to my house. Thankfully he "saw the light", dropped the bat, jumped in his truck and roared off down the drive... I called the police who came out and took my statement before collecting the baseball bat for evidence...

Naturally he denied the entire thing when confronted by the police. The officer who knew me explained to my neighbor the situation he placed himself in and the likely outcome for any future excursions, not to mention that I had the right to press a variety of charges against him...he continued to deny it until the officer showed him the baseball bat (which would have had his fingerprints all over it)...

Always have been grateful that my Commander was on my side...

12. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    haven't yet and hope i never do.

13. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    There are two things I hope to never use, My gun, and my life insurance.

14. inchr48

inchr48 10 pointer

May 14, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I was at my wife's High School reunion, and another fellow and I went down stairs to use the restrooms. When we were on the way back up, a couple fellows jabbed us in the back with their pool cues and accused us of insulting one of the bar flies around the pool tables. We both turned and opened our suit jackets to show them that we were willing to have a civil discussion, but not to be beaten with a pool cue. They said they were mistaken and went back to the pool game. I've never had to draw in self-defense in over 30 years of concealed carry. I also have never had to use a fire extinguisher in my house, but keep a working one handy ..................

15. Dgulley21

Dgulley21 Fawn

Dec 12, 2015
    I don't have my CCDW can i carry a loaded weapon in my truck?