Have you seen a Bobcat in Kentucky in the wild, If so where

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by billproxs, Nov 16, 2010.

1. LBLDOG

LBLDOG 6 pointer

Oct 20, 2008
    murray ky
    One in LBL out of shotgun range and one in Calloway

2. Blevins Gap Outdoors

Blevins Gap Outdoors 12 pointer

Nov 9, 2002
    Louisville, KY
    I have seen them at Ft. Knox, LBL and Edmonson co.

3. HootyBob

HootyBob Fawn

Jan 31, 2008
    Barren County
    Ive seen them in Monroe, Barren and Metcalfe counties. Seen four deer hunting this year. Three at one time hunting from the lake, went into a cove and there they were just standing there. The other one from a deer stand at almost dark, came trotting thru the woods w/ a big ol tree rat in his jaws.

4. HootyBob

HootyBob Fawn

Jan 31, 2008
    Barren County
    And no, the four I seen werent deer hunting, that would be me! LOL

5. itstherush

itstherush 6 pointer

Sep 19, 2010
    Grayson co
    shot one coyote hunting last year weighed 16lbs 15oz., brother killed one in 08 weighed 12lbs, and missed one that weighed prolly 15lbs. i seen one two weeks ago that weighed above 30 lbs, it was ridiculous huge. all in grayson co.

6. Outdoorfan

Outdoorfan 6 pointer

Dec 9, 2008
    Rowan Co.
    Monday I saw my 3rd bobcat in the wild, this one was in Rowan Co. I was set up bow hunting about 15 yards off an old logging road, that turkey travel like clock work... this bobcat was working up a little runoff working toward me. When he got to the logging road it wasn't anymore than 20 yards away. Looked up and right past me, he knew something wasn't right. He didn't run off but he didn't waste any time working the other direction, which was right where my turkeys were coming from. I never did see a turkey, but I'd trade a bobcat sighting for a turkey every once and awhile.

7. yotehunter

yotehunter 6 pointer

Oct 10, 2010
    Kentucky
  8. Bowhunter19

Bowhunter19 6 pointer

Feb 1, 2009
    Murray, Ky
    Calloway County, Marshall County, & Simpson County. Saw them while deer hunting and trapped 4 last year.

9. KYT

KYT 8 pointer

May 3, 2008
    Eastern Ky.
    Not many people see them but all of eastern Ky. has a healthy population of bobcats. i've trapped a limit of 5 for the last 2 years. I've tracked them in the snow all along 4 lane highways and in some very populated areas. Let a deer get killed on a highway in winter and a bobcat will be there before long if the dogs don't keep them away. But they have an incredible ability to blend in and hide. i have walked up to a trap in the open in a grassy field mowed to 4 inches high and been surpised by a cat hiding behind a softball size tuft of grass.

10. rme hunter

rme hunter 8 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Breckinridge County
    I have seen them in Meade, Breck and Hardin. I think that they are fairly thick. I can't remember the last time that I bow hunted all season and didn't see several cats.

11. RKF11

RKF11 8 pointer

Apr 9, 2010
    Southeastern KY
    Bell county last year. I saw 4 last year, all together on the opening day of bow season. I sqeaked on my hand and they all 4 came within 20yds of the stand. I have had many pics of them over about 4 years of hunting this spot.

12. KYDEERCHASR

KYDEERCHASR 10 pointer

Aug 29, 2005
    marion county
    I have never saw one. I would like to. My son saw 2 on our place in marion county last year. We have pics on camera, but i havent seen one .

13. ecmbowhunter

ecmbowhunter Elitist Bowhunter

Feb 17, 2004
    at the Elite Level
    Calloway Co. Had a big bobcat come by me at about 5 yards this afternoon while hunting on the ground. The part that sucks is I JUST got there and sat down. Didn't have an arrow ready. It didn't see or wind me. Talk about a bummer.

14. yote hunter

yote hunter 12 pointer

Oct 30, 2004
    bullitt county
    semi regular in Christian county.

15. duxdown 1

duxdown 1 6 pointer

Jan 9, 2009
    western ky
    UH,yeah two in the freezer. I kept telling them if you would just quit coming into that rabbit call I would quit taking you home.