Have you seen a Bobcat in Kentucky in the wild, If so where

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by billproxs, Nov 16, 2010.

1. beardbuster05

beardbuster05 Fawn

Jan 5, 2009
    The Briar Patch
    Yes, Meade and Breck. Counties.

2. screamin6x6

screamin6x6 BBBC Members

Several dozen. I saw one last friday evening in Breathitt Co. . Plenty of them around here.

3. Outdoorfan

Outdoorfan 6 pointer

Dec 9, 2008
    Rowan Co.
    Ive seen 2 in the wild both in Estill Co. on the Ky river. One I unintentionally spotlighted while frog gigging... the other one I was squirrel hunting and shot a squirrel and half way between me and the tree he was in, a bobcat jumped up and grabbed my kill and ran another 35 or 40 yards and turned around looked at me and ran off. I firmly believe we were hunting the same squirrel.

4. gravescohunter

gravescohunter 6 pointer

Dec 1, 2008
    graves co ky
    graves and carlisle,called in several and have seen several while deer hunting

5. mikeyj

mikeyj Spike

Mar 4, 2009
    Adair Co.
    I've seen several in Adair Co. Three on the farm I deer hunt (possibly the same cat) and others at random times anywhere from mid-day to midnight. Most recent was about two months ago crossing a field at 3 in the afternoon.

6. philipfleek

philipfleek 12 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    philville, KY
    Whats your point Bill?

7. billproxs

billproxs 12 pointer

Nov 1, 2009
    KENTUCKY LAKE
    Boone county 1989 after I had arrowed a massive 12 with my bow and never found.

8. philipfleek

philipfleek 12 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    philville, KY
  9. billproxs

billproxs 12 pointer

Nov 1, 2009
    KENTUCKY LAKE
    Just curious to see how common Bobcats are here in Kentucky.

10. Jimmie in Ky

Jimmie in Ky 12 pointer

Not that common Bill. Populations are spotty to say the least. The best population of bobcat I know of is crittenden co. Seems like you can't hardly move up there without stepping on sign. Calloway co has a much better population than graves. Hickman county is pretty fair as well.

The big problem is getting one in front of the gun while it's legal. ;-) Jimmie

11. Rem7600

Rem7600 6 pointer

Dec 12, 2005
    Eastern Kentucky
    Lawrence county. About 25 years ago.

12. gravescohunter

gravescohunter 6 pointer

Dec 1, 2008
    graves co ky
    according to f&w graves has one of the highest population in the state.it has been a couple of years since i talked to a biologist

13. trapper perry

trapper perry 12 pointer

May 10, 2009
    Have trapped 3 in Bullitt Co in the last few years.But I never see any roaming around.

14. Semp

Semp 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Kaintukee
    The state bag limit is 5 bobcats. That should tell you there are plenty around.

15. creeker_21

creeker_21 Fawn

Nov 16, 2010
    we have killed some paSt two years in cumberland county. i seen one frist day of deer season this year and couldnt get a shot on it