Have a deer to give

CentralKyHunter

6 pointer
Nov 19, 2007
My family and I are sport hunters like many. We enjoy the chase, the time together and a little jerky and tenderloin. With that said 90% of the deer we kill get donated to local Amish communities who take all we will give

this year they offered us money as we started to bring deer, sounded great since cross bow bolts, broad heads, corn, ammo, etc get so expensive but felt like it was a horrible lesson for my sons so I denied the offer and we continue to donate

rum3002576

6 pointer
Dec 29, 2014
Wayne County
I love deer hunting and love coming here to trophy hunt. I kill 4 to 5 up home every year and we eat all those deer. This one will not be waisted and will go home with me if no one wants it. No big deal. If someone wants it then I’m happy to give them a deer. It’s a big deer and over two hundred pounds so lots of good eating.

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
Congratulations on the harvest! Hope you find someone who needs it, you could probably give it away in no time on Facebook.
I love jerky and summer sausage but haven't ate anything else for yrs this yr will be harder to get rid of as the Mexicans aren't around like they used to be with the lack of tobaco in ky.
You don't owe anyone any excuse for why you hunt, I glad you do we have to many tree huggers and need more people like you.

davers

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2014
Kentucky
At least he's not tossing it in a ditch. Trying to do the right thing and find someone that could use it.
In my County there is no Deer processors, and I had to take my Buck to Columbia, Ky in Adair County, 43 miles (one way) from my home. A few years ago, there were two, in my County, that processed Deer. It is a real problem for those who enjoy Deer hunting, but have no way to process their harvest, so the usually quit Deer hunting.

Grago

12 pointer
Dec 13, 2016
There is a shop in Muhlenberg, Co, that processes and excepts donated deer, If anyone is near that county, just put that out there, if someone is looking for a place around that area

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
In my County there is no Deer processors, and I had to take my Buck to Columbia, Ky in Adair County, 43 miles (one way) from my home. A few years ago, there were two, in my County, that processed Deer. It is a real problem for those who enjoy Deer hunting, but have no way to process their harvest, so the usually quit Deer hunting.
If you say so but I've not known anyone to stop hunting cause they couldn't get rid of deer. After exhausting all options to donate it, you always have coyote bait.
Something you and your brother should start doing.